Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

signed jordan photo help

I received a signed 8 x 11 photo of Jordan about 12 years ago as a gift, It has been in a plastic sleeve in a box ever since.
I was thinking of maybe getting it framed or displaying it but I am not sure the best way to go about this.
I do not want to damage it or reduce its value in any way, what would you guys recommend I do with it?

thanks for your help

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Peda

Welcome!

If it were mine - I would take it to a really good frame shop that properly mats the pic such that it's not affected in any way and insure they put it behind UV protected glass to keep the sig from fading.

Have ya got a scan of the pic? Thanx.
    Mike
  • Thanks for the reply,

I do not have a scanner but I can take a pic of it and post it will that work?

Is this something I should get graded even if it came with a certificate?

my main fear is that i bring it to a place that messes it up in some way

thanks again for your help

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd get it authenicated before I'd waste any money in a professional frame job. Unfortunately, unless it comes with an UDA cert, there is a 99% chance it's fake.

sorry

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd get it authenicated before I'd waste any money in a professional frame job. Unfortunately, unless it comes with an UDA cert, there is a 99% chance it's fake.

sorry

IMF >>

I was gonna say something about that but unfortunately didn't - my bad.

I agree.

I would seriously consider sending it to PSA/DNA before having it framed - it could easily cost 125$ to have it framed properly by a reputable shop that handles memorabilia.
    Mike

• Sorry for all the questions i am new to all this stuff

Is this the place I should send it to, to get graded?
    http://www.psacard.com/

Wow I am disappointed with this 99% chance of it being fake, I am not even sure it it will be worth the $125 now but I will most likely send it eventually.

Thanks again
  • Still a good idea to take a photo and get it up...

• << <i>Sorry for all the questions i am new to all this stuff

Is this the place I should send it to, to get graded?
    http://www.psacard.com/

Wow I am disappointed with this 99% chance of it being fake, I am not even sure it it will be worth the $125 now but I will most likely send it eventually.

Thanks again >>

You can send it in, or you can have it examined in person at a show, if you're near one of these places.

http://www.psacard.com/shows/do_search_shows.chtml

There's also a competing service that is about equally as reliable and they are available at various shows as well. www.spenceloa.com
  • Pic is attached