Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why in the world do "reviews" take so long?

It's amazing to me that a 100-card submission of raw cards can be graded within 30 days, but a 50-card review order can take over two months. I understand they only have a couple of graders that will work on the review orders, but shouldn't the review process be a relatively easy one?
Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    it has to go through the head verifier before leaving and they are busier with more profitable grading tiers
  • Options
    CollectorAtWorkCollectorAtWork Posts: 859 ✭✭✭
    I think everything is slow right now. Maybe because of the auction season or the ongoing PSA specials. I had a 10 business day submission take 14 business days (and 20 real days from date logged to date shipped). That was a March PSA Registry Special. I have another 45 day Collectors Club special that was logged on March 2nd. It's 50 cards, and I'm still waiting on it. On the flip side, for my submission that just popped, I was very happy with the grades, so maybe it's going to be worth the wait.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I have three subs at PSA right now, two were received on the 25th (tracking shows this) but logged on the 28th and entered as received on the 28th, I mean I can't complain since they may even pop early, but does my 'time' start from when they are received or when they get logged?

I find it odd they would log the received date 3 days after they actually received them... one's a psa/dna, a 7 day, and a 10 day.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've avoided reviews because it takes so long. If they sped them up to normal time I'd probably have a 1000 card submission in.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I got a 25 card review back last week after 52 business days. 3 bumps, and one 9 turned into a 7 when damaged for closer inspection out of the holder.

I do like the sticker notes that explain why it didn't bump.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone ever do a "Group Review?" I guess since it takes so long, no one ever wants to sprear head it. I have a few cards, but I don't have a membership and I'm not cracking a PSA 8 Musial anytime soon.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    JC
    Good for you.
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    and one 9 turned into a 7 when damaged for closer inspection out of the holder

holy hell!!!
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    and one 9 turned into a 7 when damaged for closer inspection out of the holder

When something like that happens, does PSA do anything for you?
    PackManInNC
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>and one 9 turned into a 7 when damaged for closer inspection out of the holder

When something like that happens, does PSA do anything for you? >>

of course they do, or else why would you even bother submitting cards there?
  • Options
    minnesotahuskerminnesotahusker Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    Still waiting on my February special logged 3/2 of ONLY 62 cards. Business day 45 is fast approaching.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and one 9 turned into a 7 when damaged for closer inspection out of the holder

When something like that happens, does PSA do anything for you? >>

Yes they made a very fair offer to remedy the issue.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    I've been sending in reviews under the $10/10 day special they have been running. It is usually taking between 15-20 days for the grades to come in. I average about 20-25% in the bumps, but my last sub I went 0-27, and had no stickers on the cards telling why they didn't bump. Wondered how hard they looked at those.
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Still waiting on my February special logged 3/2 of ONLY 62 cards. Business day 45 is fast approaching. >>

I feel your pain. My 50-card review sub was logged on 2/11
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff