Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

R.I.P. Jim Mandich

Jim Mandich former TE of the Dolphins passed away yesterday, he was a big part if the Miami community.

I met him once at a WQAM broadcast, he couldn't have been nicer to me, he signed a few things and took a photo with me. I am happy to say that I met him.

Miami Herald Article

Comments

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    I hadn't heard about this. I went to college in South Florida and put myself through school delivering pizzas. I had WQAM on while I drove, and for years I listened to Jim Mandich talk about the Dolphins, "Meeeeshigun" football, and riding around with the windows down. Always entertaining, and never a jerk (like Hank Goldberg who was on the air earlier). What a shame to lose him so young.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    scashaggyscashaggy Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭
    I'm glad to hear someone else listened to him. I started listing to sports radio because of the 'Mad Dog'.

I know what you mean about Hank, he'd go off on callers.

It's crazy, first Neil Rogers at 68, now Jim Mandich at 62.

I'll toast a 'green lizard' to him.
  • Options
    That is very sad. I just got his 1975 Topps Rookie Signed by him last year. He is really just the second significant 1972 Dolphins Star to die after Wayne Moore. He was also a Legendary College Player at Michigan and is in the College Football Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    A good player, a great sportscaster "AALLLLRIGHT MIAMI !!!" and an even better person. Another loss to the un-defeated team and the So. Fla. sports community. Here's to ya Mad Dawg !!!
    Any team on any given Sunday, can beat any other team...unless they were playing the Miami Dolphins in 1972.