Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Self subbing cards you've pack pulled.....

For those of you that are collectors (not sellers), what level of satisfaction do yo get from submitting cards you've pulled fromm packs yourself?

I am not one of these people (yet?), but i would think that there is a lot of satisfaction in it, pretty much regardless of the grade the card receives, no?
Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle

Comments

• Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    For me it has been just like sending in any other sub. If the card is centered sharp corners and edges no flaws they come back highest grade. Far as how many gems I have pulled from packs. Depends on the issue and pack. I can say I have gotten more PSA 10s from cards I have pulled from packs vs cards I have purchased on ebay that came back PSA 10.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pull virtually every card I sub and I get great satisfaction putting together a set that way. I just got back a PSA 10 1975 Topps mini# 575 Clines and it was sweet indeed!

Also love to sub the packs themselves!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    I broke a box of '89 Upper Decks and I'm subbing a few rookies, hoping for some 10s. I also have one of the 299 signed Topps Strasburg RCs that I'm thinking has a shot at a 10.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.