Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help with printing a shipping label from Ebay...

First off...I am in Canada so this is the first time I have done this.

I will be mailing this from the Detroit Airport this Saturday and this is what my info looks like. I am mailing cards in 9x6 bubble envelopes. I have the weight already...

The cards are worth over $250 for the most part so...is this correct in making sure I am covered?

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
NHL hall of fame rookies

Comments

• Options
    Yes that is what Paypal requires to have seller protection. Sig confirmation, shipping to a confirmed address, ect. I ususally insure anything over $100 but that's just me.
  • Options
    You're on the right track, but why did you cut off the information at the top of the screen? Also, you should probably take that image down since it contain's your buyer's name and address.

This one contains all the necessary information anyway.

I would uncheck "Show postage cost on label" unless the actual amount you're paying is within 50 cents (or less) of what the buyer actually paid. The system actually tells you what the buyer paid just to the left of the "SHIP FROM" address. If buyers see you made a profit on shipping, sometimes they don't like it (star ding!).

The main thing here that you have to be aware of is that in the "SHIP FROM" information (circled in yellow), the origin zip code (listed as 10507 in my screen shot) has to be the zip code of the Detroit airport, which is 48242. The address directly above should be your actual return address in Canada. I hope the system allows you to do this. Otherwise, you'll have to use a return address in the U.S. or not print shipping labels online before you leave.

Under "PRINTING," you're going to have to select "Any laser or inkjet printer (8.5x11)" and then the additional drop-down box asking whether you want to print a receipt will pop up. This is your choice whether you want to print a receipt. Given the circumstances, it's not a bad idea to have a hard copy, although simply printing a duplicate of the actual label and saving it for your records would accomplish the same thing. Once the transaction is finished, even though you'll be paying the postage with your PayPal account, there won't be very much information about the package or its intended destination address available in your PayPal account. This is because you're only using PayPal to PAY. Technically, you're using EBAY to ship, not PayPal. If you don't want to waste paper printing the receipt or an extra copy of the actual label, you can easily save an HTML file of the actual label. Once you reach the screen where an image of the label shows up, you can click to open the label in a separate tab/window and then print/save from there.

Ultimately, if you are required to have a U.S. return address to use this system, you will still be able to ship the packages once you're in the U.S., but you'll have to go to a real post office during business hours and ship using the slightly more expensive green and purple Delivery Confirmation/Signature Confirmation mailing labels. If you end up having to do this, you can definitely use your Canadian address as your return address, since the clerk surely won't notice, and I don't think there's a policy against it anyway.