Home Sports Talk
Options

Florida Marlins in 2011

rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

>>>>>>>>> April 2011 has the Florida Marlins #1 in Pitching and tied with the Phillies for the best record in MLB! <<<<<<<<<

Their hitting is just beginning to awaken (i.e., Hanley Ramirez, 3-time All-Star is breaking out of his April hitting slump).

This is the Marlins' best April ever!

I'd like to see them at least show-up for the rest of the season and give the Phillies a race in September to remember!

Taking 2 out of 3 from the Rockies, and now beating-up on the Dodgers (hitting, pitching looked awesome!), maybe the Fish are a team to watch in 2011?

rd

edit: P.S. Comments from all you Florida Marlins fans and anyone else are encouraged and welcomed!

Comments

• Options

After winning the series from the Dodgers (2 out of 3),

Florida went on the road to take the series from a hot Cincy team (winning 2 out of 3)!

Baseball is a game of streaks, but winning seems to be contagious for Florida!

Marlins open a series again on the road tonight,

against the red hot Cards.

This will be a good test for the fish!

rd

• Options

The Fish took game 1 on the road from the Cards. Tied with Philly! (...at least for tonight!)

rd

• Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Give these guys time. They'll come around in late September. image
  • Options

This is the last year for the Florida Marlins to play in Sun Life Stadium (was: Joe Robby Stadium)

The Florida Marlins will be in their brand new ballpark next season.

I think the Fish look forward in playing in their own "air-conditioned" stadium, built for baseball, with a retractable roof for those "h~o~t sun-baked" summer day games here in South Florida.

If you have been to day game with "field level" seats, the heat is just unbearable here in South Florida in the summer. As a fan, I want to go to day games, and with a retractable roof & air conditioning, day games will be super next season!

Since their inception, the Marlins had to play in Dolphins Stadium, which is first and foremost, built for football, not baseball.

Maybe this will inspire the team to play at a higher level, and maybe now the Marlins' owners will stop trading away their "A" players.

It took years to get the Marlins their own ballpark. It almost seems inevitable that the team would move elsewhere (i.e., Jacksonville, Las Vegas, etc.).

Hope the Fish continue to play at their current level for the rest of the year? Good luck to them,

rd

New Marlins ballpark!

imageimage
  • Options
    ebaytraderebaytrader Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭
    Could they have built that in a worse place? After the first year, I won't be suprised if the enemic crowds are even smaller than they are now. They've totally killed the chance of increasing season ticket holders from Broward & PB counties. Nobody with a lick of common sense wants to drive to Little Havana, in a crap neighborhood, with no other draws within walking distance, from Hollywood and north. Totally stupid except for Loria who saw nothing but $$$.