Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Falkland Islands - 100 Years of Self Sufficiency

Anybody here have a Falkland Islands 100 years of Self-Sufficiency 25 Pound coin in its original Royal Mint presentation case? I don't necessarily want to buy one, I just need to know how much the coin in its case weighs.

The reason for my query is that we shipped 9 of these coins (our entire stock) to someone in California. He just called our office and told us he only received eight coins. We feel certain we sent all nine, but the only way for us to be sure is to recreate the shipped item by weight. We know that the box we mailed the coins in was a Medium Flat Rate Priority Mail box, and we know that the total amount of weight of the package according to the USPS receipt is 5 pounds, 13.8 ounces. So if I can find out the weight of one of the coins, I should be able to figure out if there was one coin missing or not.

Hope this makes some sense....image
danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recollection is 155 gm (5 oz). Do not have Krause here at work though...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    mudskippiemudskippie Posts: 540 ✭✭
    Krause shows 150 grams, probably a little bit more with the case.
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I know Krause says it's 150 grams, but unless I know what it weighs in the Royal Mint issued presentation case, I'm only guessing.

So if anyone has one of these puppies in the original case, that would help me out tremendously. Grams, ounces, either way would be great! image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    Hmm, you could ask several of those selling the coin in case on eBay. If even one answers, you have it!
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Hmm, you could ask several of those selling the coin in case on eBay. If even one answers, you have it! >>

Great idea! I'll see what happens. image
    danglen

My Website

• Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Hi Dan,

I've got the Pitcairn Is commem which is also 5oz. in the box.

My scale shows 299.5g. for the whole thing. Should be a pretty comparable box, but I don't know how exact.
    https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.