Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Did any one else get this email from ebay? Earn 10% in ebay bucks

I guess you have to download Internet Explorer 9, bookmark ebay and make a purchase through the bookmark? I am not very computer savvy but I would be more than happy to try it out on my next purchase. Did anyone else get this? I read the terms and conditions and can't find any fine print that would otherwise screw me over. Does anyone have any more info or has anyone here tried it?

Thanks for your help,
Jason

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    IE9SUX.

i downloaded it and now i want to strangle myself.

next question? image
  • JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>IE9SUX.

i downloaded it and now i want to strangle myself.

next question? image >>

image haha! Agreed! I used IE for a while but Mozilla and Safari run much smoother, it would hardly be a permanent thing. Do you think it would be worth it to use IE9 just for purchasing though? 10% is pretty damn good!
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    I received my "free" $5 yesterday. I'm only using IE9 for Ebay for the next couple of weeks, and I'm sure after that I'll never use it again.

"The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • XP FOREVER!!!
  • How long does it take for the 10% eBayBucks and $5 to show up? I bought something yesterday and just paid for it, but it looked like the regular 2%.
    Collecting all things Pittsburgh.

Completed my Clemente Basic Registry (2007 - 2014)!

Positive transactions with oakesy25,jasoneggert,swartz1,MBMiller25,gregm13,kid4hof03,HoopGuru33,Reese3333,BPorter26,Davemri
  • DavidPuddyDavidPuddy Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭
    It took about 4 or 5 days for the extra 8% and the $5 to show up.
    "The Sipe market is ridiculous right now"
    CDsNuts, 1/9/15
  • twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    LOL image

It is just another micro$oft scam coordinated with ebay.

Linux for me baby! I have been using Linux since 2006 and will never go back to micro$oft. They can keep their 10% along with all their worms and viruses that come along with using winblows!

<< <i>LOL image

It is just another micro$oft scam coordinated with ebay.

Linux for me baby! I have been using Linux since 2006 and will never go back to micro$oft. They can keep their 10% along with all their worms and viruses that come along with using winblows! >>

Haters gonna hate. image

It's probably time to buy a new computer anyway I guess.
    My eBay Store =)

• My first thought on this program was that it was a way to mitigate some of the fees ebay pays to companies like Bigcrumbs, ebates, mrrebates, etc. Once the promotion terminates, how many ebay buyers would continue to use the IE9 link to go directly to ebay rather than through ebates, etc.
    Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all "right-thinking" people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
  • Tedw9Tedw9 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭
    I did get this email and I have been using it. You need to have Windows 7 on your computer (it says Vista also, but I haven't heard of any Vista users having luck). You need to "pin" an Ebay shortcut to your task bar, NOT BOOKMARK Ebay.

I got my bonus $5 and my bonus Ebay Bucks within a day of my purchase and payment. I used it for a best offer, but did not get the bonus bucks, so make offers at your own risk. I used it make another offer last night, which was accepted, and paid through the same link today. Let's see if it works this time.

I DON'T like IE 9 at all, I am only using it for the Ebay Bucks. Other than that, I'll stick with Firefox.
    Looking for Carl Willey items.

<< <i>I did get this email and I have been using it. You need to have Windows 7 on your computer (it says Vista also, but I haven't heard of any Vista users having luck). You need to "pin" an Ebay shortcut to your task bar, NOT BOOKMARK Ebay.

I got my bonus $5 and my bonus Ebay Bucks within a day of my purchase and payment. I used it for a best offer, but did not get the bonus bucks, so make offers at your own risk. I used it make another offer last night, which was accepted, and paid through the same link today. Let's see if it works this time.

I DON'T like IE 9 at all, I am only using it for the Ebay Bucks. Other than that, I'll stick with Firefox. >>

That's great information, thanks!

Has anyone had any luck with Windows Vista? I am one of the many unfortunate people using Vista currently image
    My eBay Store =)

• brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Signed up for this and so far made only 1 purchase. Received the extra eBay bucks within 24 hours. So if it is taking more than 24 hours you may have done something wrong.

Also check out my sig for 3% cashback always from eBay on top of eBay bucks. If you aren't a member yet you need to be. image