Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

1974 Jamaica Uncirculated Set - My 1st Darkside Post

Howdy! image

I have one. Looks Like This...BUT This is NOT MINE

Obviously no one is jumping to buy that one, otherwise it would have sold already. What is this thing really worth? What do they sell for? How many were produced. Just curious about the "REAL DEAL" since I have one. I am not selling mine...it will go to my kids one day. Just curious. Thanks for your help!

Greg
"If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Comments

• Options
    Catalog $20, mintage 8361. Real value $10-15.

Be careful with these sets, the outer plastic envelope is PVC and it will damage the coins even through the inner plastic on the card.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Dustin!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't have my Krause handy but aren't the $5 and $10 pieces sterling silver?
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    8,361 of these were made.

At the current time this simply swamps the demand and it contains no silver. Attrition is
    not especially high so it has little to recommend it other than its quality.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    AskariAskari Posts: 3,713
    It never ceases to amaze me how high a price sellers will set on a coin or set -- especially an oversubscribed Franklin Mint production -- expecting a newb to bite. I suppose just enough do, to make it worth their while. image
    Askari

Come on over ... to The Dark Side! image
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    However, a 1984 mint set of Jamaica courtesy of Franklin Mint will go for well above this amount (ebay price for the 1974)! so not all in the same boat...
    Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.