Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Well, it's that time of year and I have to ask...is anyone coming to Tokyo for the coin show 29 Apri

StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'm pretty sure I know the answer...but maybe there will be someone. Unless something drastically changes I'll be getting there for Saturday imageTICC

My original plan was to go to the hotel Friday, spend the night and get up at the crack of dawn (5 am) and go to the fish auction/market, then back to the show, stay another night and go back home. Turns out my family unit is going to be back soon so the new plan is ditch the kids, go there Saturday morning and have my husband meet me there Saturday afternoon. I'll dazzle him with my new coins image. Or something.

I don't know how well it will be attended this year or how many of the non-Japanese dealers and mint representatives will still be coming. I don't think NEN is coming (image). Hopefully Clark Smith will, his wife is Japanese. I remember an older British couple who was there last year...maybe they will show too.

I had hoped to take a trip to Kyoto last week with the family and we were going to make a side trip to the Osaka mint...no such luck though. I really hope to do that before we transfer this summer.

Cathy

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard that some of the large European dealers had cancelled, but I hope its a good show anyway. I lived in Tokyo for 4 years and never managed to attend TICC, having always left the city with the throbbing masses for Golden Week.
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭

<< <i>get up at the crack of dawn (5 am) and go to the fish auction/market >>

What, you're trading in some tunas for coin money imageimage

Y'know, I spent just over a combined 5 years living in Karlsruhe and Stuttgart in Germany and I don't think I ever toured the mints at either city. image Make time for that side trip!
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to visit Japan again, truly a wonderful country, I also have a little side interest in Japanese coins - especially the early coins.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21