Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Oh well there goes my TRS?

Thanks to one buyer out of 1371 transactions I get 27-ones across the board destroying my ratings, I thought ebay didn't allow this?
leaves glowing feedback but hammers me on the stars. so now NO top rated seller for a year? what the he double hockey stick gives.
plus I can't contact the idiot because it is against ebay rules. this is bullsheet, just venting.

Comments

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to Ebay! Same thing happened to me. One buyer torches my ratings while leaving glowing feedback. I had to wait a whole year, and then on one day (Feb 3rd), all the 1's dropped off and TSR was restored. It stinks having to wait a whole year however.....
  • Options
    well it gets better going through my record , sold this clown 16 more items and guess what just checked and wha la I now have twenty 27 Ones across the board.

just for the record this clowns ebay id is arcballsoftball

plus just got off the phone with ebay and they are opening a case of buyer feedback manipulation.
  • Options
    KbKardsKbKards Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭
    It's against Ebay rules for a buyer to do exactly what you describe. If you contact Ebay the ratings will be removed. Block the buyer.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    this defines hilarious.

i lost my TRS status a few months ago, and now suddenly, it's back. image
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's against Ebay rules for a buyer to do exactly what you describe. If you contact Ebay the ratings will be removed. Block the buyer. >>

This is true. Here is Ebay's statement:

"We proactively look for Feedback abuse and take action against it.
    For example, eBay investigates buyers who leave positive Feedback but low Detailed Seller Ratings."

Based on this, they should restore your stars
  • Options

<< <i>It's against Ebay rules for a buyer to do exactly what you describe. If you contact Ebay the ratings will be removed. Block the buyer. >>

yes, called ebay and they even suggested blocking the buyer. LOL, but also said if they rule against me, I will lose the TRS from 3 to 12 months. go figure, lose tsr and ebay gains 20% in FVF. wonder if this makes for a little bias
  • Options
    How do you go about finding out what buyer left low DSR's?
    From what I can tell, 707 is the DOLLAR STORE compared to deans_cards. For what that guy charges, if I ever bought anything from him I would expect it to be delivered to me in a frickin' limo.
    ~WalterSobchak
  • Options

<< <i>How do you go about finding out what buyer left low DSR's? >>

in my instance it wasn't to difficult , he won 27 auctions within a 5 day period and with combined shipping he then left 27 positive feedbacks with 27 -1's across the board, but just to make sure I ran a detailed seller rating report for items ending between 04-04 to 04-10 and from that time frame I had received on "item as described" 64-5's 0-4's,0-3's,0-2's and 27-1's and the same numbers for communication, shipping time & shipping and handling charges and since he was the only one to win 27 items he won the trophy for idiot of the month and also was added to my BBL (arcballsoftball). guess I should have offered free shipping since 3.50 for 27 items must have been to much.

otherwise it is pretty difficult to figure out who left 1's or 2's unless you are just selling 1 to 10 items a week, then you can narrow it down.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Blocked, thanks

Since he left a positive, I'm unclear how Ebay could rule against you
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    Any idea why he left 1's for "item as described"? Was he just trying to screw around with you?

Rodney
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    He might actually just be a dumbass that thinks 1 is the best score
  • Options

<< <i>Any idea why he left 1's for "item as described"? Was he just trying to screw around with you?

Rodney >>

I guess he wanted to screw with me he left 27 -1's for item as described and he also left 27-1's for the other 3 categories
    Shipping time: paid on the 7th,shipped on the 8th and he received the items on the 12th,. 27-1's
    Shipping & handling charges: charged 3.50 for 27 items the post office charged me $3.55. 27-1's
    Communication : emailed him when the cards shipped and with tracking number. 27-1's

My guess is that his seller ratings got hit so he figured it was time for payback, as the ebay rep told me I was the 2nd person to call about this clown in the last 2 days.so I guess he is leaving 1's for everybody that sells to him. go figure. ebay told me it would take 4 to 6 days but all feedback that was left by him for me would be removed. yippie
  • Options

<< <i>He might actually just be a dumbass that thinks 1 is the best score >>

nah , he is a seller too.
  • Options
    Blocked
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>nah , he is a seller too >>

That is who burned me.....a fellow seller......I am guessing he thought that was a cute way to weed out the competition!