Home Sports Talk
Options

which game are you watching ? all day futbol today

I may have to flick back and forth ... on today's menu :

GOLTV (live 3:30 PM)- Real Madrid v Barcelona - The Spanish Cup final - Guariola looking to win his 9th trophy in 3 seasons

ESPN 2 (live 2:30 PM) - Arsenal v Tottenham - Spurs look to spoil Arsenal's [2nd place] title hopes, and get Euro Cup for next year.

Fox Soccer Channel (live 2:30 PM) - Chelsea v Birmingham - Chelsea [3rd place] still in title race, Birmingham are League Cup winners.

tonight :

Fox Soccer Channel (live 10:00 PM) - Real Salt Lake v Monterrey - MLS battles FMF, winner get to play in World Club Championship. 1st leg in Mexico, second leg in Utah.

Comments

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I checked out Real-Barca earlier- what a game that was. Right now I'm tuned in to RSL/Monterray. That Monterray coach is going to get murdered in the press tomorrow for pulling two players 20 minutes into the game. What a weird, weird decision.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Lakers-Hornets
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    does Kyle Rote Jr. still play?
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Watched Madrid-Barcelona. Maurinho has their number, and I'm sure that's on the Barca fans minds.
  • Options

<< <i>does Kyle Rote Jr. still play? >>

yes. same team as Cal Ripkin.

Two great games yesterday - Tottenham v Arsenal (Gunners blow a 3:1 halftime lead) and Real Salt Lake bringing back two away goals from Monterrey !

As for Madrid - the highlight was the trophy celebration through the city - Ramos dropped the trophy from atop the bus and it get run over -LMAO ! No really, this is Sport Center material. Can you imagine the World Series, Super Bowl or Stanley Cup trophy being dropped from a bus and then run over ??

Real Salt Lake need to tie or win to be Champions of the region and go to Japan for the World Club Cup - probably vs. Man.Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid or Schalke.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    ttt the OP needs all the attention he can get

It reminds me of the chinpokemon south park episode, It is so small.
  • Options

<< <i>Watched Madrid-Barcelona. Maurinho has their number, and I'm sure that's on the Barca fans minds. >>

So far in the league - Barca won 5:1 at home and tied 1:1 at Madrid. Real took the Cup, but Barcelona league the league.

They will meet twice (home and away) in the Uefa Champions League. Not sure that Jose's got their number, but he will not go down without a fight.

I like both Maurinho and Guardiola as managers.

They are just about even.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    Who the hell watches hockey?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Watched Madrid-Barcelona. Maurinho has their number, and I'm sure that's on the Barca fans minds. >>

So far in the league - Barca won 5:1 at home and tied 1:1 at Madrid. Real took the Cup, but Barcelona league the league.

They will meet twice (home and away) in the Uefa Champions League. Not sure that Jose's got their number, but he will not go down without a fight.

I like both Maurinho and Guardiola as managers.

They are just about even. >>

that's the problem, how in the hell do you league the league. Maybe that's why Americans don't like non-American football. Anyway, back to the top.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    For my money it doesn't get much better than Sergio Ramos

Who the hell watches hockey?

from my experience it's usually people who aren't rednecks.
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

<< <i>For my money it doesn't get much better than Sergio Ramos >>

I assume he's not the keeper?

and LOL at 15 emergency personnel running to check on the cup's status.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    Is Freddie Ado still playing? Has he turned 18 yet?

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Maybe that's why Americans don't like non-American football. >>

Really? You speak for the entire US population?

Seems to me it's YOU looking for attention.

Or do you have a racist agenda here?

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

Or do you have a racist agenda here? >>

The OP without question won't stop trying to stir it up here with the soccer posts inappropriately posted in the wrong forum as he is well aware of. Care to argue the last sentence?

You prefered to chop up my message reply which was clearly in jest at the OP's attempt to stir it up again by posting in the wrong forum, with my joke about the poor grammatical skills he put on display, by following up with a comment sure to get mouth breathers going with my own turn play on words. I thought you would have picked up that the term for soccer used abroad is actually futbol, I guess not.

I would also suggest you don't even bother with trying to insinuate that I ever have given one hint of racism, if so, put up, or shut up.

Everyone knows you like stirring the pot Steve, that seems to be your agenda, I give you a satisfactory in this case.

edited to correct spelling, added one letter too many, and it's just ironic
  • Options

<< <i>

No he just speaks for the dumb people in America. But he is easily recognized by the white sheet over his head. image

TROLL
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

No he just speaks for the dumb people in America. But he is easily recognized by the white sheet over his head. image

TROLL >>

And this mentality is what makes you a super douche!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

TROLL >>

And this mentality is what makes you a super douche! >>

I rest my case. Heil !
  • Options
    Goodsport40Goodsport40 Posts: 1,010 ✭✭
    Rd, I just placed a bid on your set! Love it!

I just got into a little "futbol" after last years World Cup.

Watched the Arsenal game against the Spurs and it was great. Soccer was made for HD.

There is room here for every point of view. To each his or her own.

Robert
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

FWIW Steve there's talk of Inter snagging Nasri or Cesc away from Arsenal this summer, and sending either Sjneider (most likely), Maicon or Milito back as a makeweight. Inter has money to spend, apparently, and they look to spend it this June. Stay tuned!
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Rd, I just placed a bid on your set! Love it!

I just got into a little "futbol" after last years World Cup.

Watched the Arsenal game against the Spurs and it was great. Soccer was made for HD.

There is room here for every point of view. To each his or her own.

Robert >>

image Robert I appreciate your bid! image

rd
  • Options

Good for you.
  • Options

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Everyone knows you like stirring the pot Steve, that seems to be your agenda, I give you a satisfactory in this case.

>>

He's always on time, kind of troll like.
  • Options
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The OP without question won't stop trying to stir it up here with the soccer posts inappropriately posted in the wrong forum as he is well aware of. >>

Really? Some could think that it's you and maybe 2 others that are stirring it up.

< Maybe that's why Americans don't like non-American football. >>

I did not say you are a racist I asked if you were, and YES saying the above could be construed as a racist comment.

I did not accuse you, nor did I say that you have made racist comments in the past.

Stop being a douche. It was YOU that TTT about 4 soccer threads 2 weeks ago. Not him.

And exactly what is your agenda here? Why do you care so much that this person has a soccer thread in this forum? >>

Before you get all high and mighty there Steve, it was me who bumped those threads, now you can apologize to him for you being a douche.
  • Options
    I did. I edited it and said it was another douche, YOU.

Guess you missed it.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks for re posting it.
    Good for you.
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Yawn.
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options

<< <i>image

1957 KANE PRODUCTS FOOTBALL CLUBS & COLOURS 25 CARD SET. MINT $1.99

rd >>

That is a nice set for a good price.

If you ever have the 1959 Kane International Stars set, I'd be interested.