Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

UPDATE! MINT FINALLY HAS 2011 $1 PRES COIN BOARDS AVAILABLE TO ORDER!

DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
UPDATE 6/6/11!!! MINT FINALLY HAS 2011 PRES $ COIN BOARDS UP ON ITS WEBSITE AS AVAILABLE TO ORDER!!

(Just 1 catch..... somehow, they're ALREADY "back-ordered", with an est. delivery time of 4-6 weeks...... but at least that's SOMETHING!)

Just curious if others have noticed this as well on different items...........

Often, I see dates posted for release of one item or another, only to come back later and find they have been pushed-back. Or items are offered for sale & immediately go to "back-ordered" And so forth.......

One minor example, but an irritating one none-the-less: Each year, to "foster acceptance & educate the masses" (my quotes), the Mint offers Presidential $ coin boards free to the collecting public. For those of you who haven't seen them, they're just long, thin, "bookmark-style" 2.5"x7.5" compressed cardboard cards with 5 holes cut out for each year's N.A. Sac and 4 Presidential $'s. Names on the front & a brief blurb about each coin on the back.

This year, their website still indicates the 2011 cards will be available late March or mid-April. I just called their Customer Service number and was told mid-May. HOW hard is it to plan ahead and actually have items like that available in a timely fashion? It's not like it's a surprise which NA coin or Presidents will be on each year's card that they can't start manufacturing/buying them appropriately, yet the Mint never seems to have them when promised.

Obviously, in the grand scheme of things, this is a minor irritation, but it seems to be indicative of an overall lack of concern or foresight on their part..........

- - Daveimage

Comments

• Options
    ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    They've had an aggressive schedule this year. They can't keep up with producing bullion ASE's. This maybe by design they introduce an item before summer and see what the demand is, you save a few bucks if you order in the first month.
    This certainly will put a lid on those low numbers in various series since they can be ordered for almost a year.
  • Options
    FOLLOW-UP:

I continually check their website, which STILL shows the expected availability of the 2011 Presidential Coin Boards as mid-to-late May...........

Today, I called and asked & was told still not available.... they don't know why - - must be some "Production problems" (that, along with any customer service rep you call at any company these days telling you their computer is "slow" or "down" at the time being the 2 lamest excuses in the business world)..............

I wonder what exactly is going on down at the Mint, and how I can get a job in whatever department handles overseeing production of that product - - I could use a "cushy" job like that--- no deliverables timeline or pressure...... image

- - Dave
  • Options
    SEE UPDATE IN FIRST POST!image
  • Options
    radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
    Can you provide a link?
  • Options
    These need to be ordered over the phone vs on-line. Call 1-800-USA-MINT and ask to order "free materials". The 2011 Coin boards come in a 10-pack and are Item # CNBD0511.

For those looking for a bit more background/pix, see:

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/?flash=yes&action=free$1CoinMaterials

(can someone "linkify" the above for me? Thx!)

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    radiomanradioman Posts: 763 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Just placed an order for the coin club.
  • Options
    urw! maybe if they start working on them NOW, the Mint might have the 2012 coin boards available a little earlier next year!image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many do you want?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    (can someone "linkify" the above for me? Thx!) >>

Here you go:

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/?flash=yes&action=free$1CoinMaterials
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    I usually get just 1 10-pack for each year for myself, family, & friends..... but I generally like/expect them to be available with the first coin that comes out each year.................image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file