Heritage Auctions

GrandAm image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

4-30-11 update

GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I'm very interested in the realized prices of these coins.

Imagine a clad Ike $1 as a Platinum Night listing!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those things are expensive in their high grade low POPs. Wow!
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    DrizztDrizzt Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    I would hazard a guess that the reserve could be 50% of what it is, and there would still be no bids.
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    I'd love to have that 1976 PR70DCAM but no way can I afford it
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would hazard a guess that the reserve could be 50% of what it is, and there would still be no bids.

you could hazard that guess, but of course since you are speaking from a position of extreme ignorance you would be wrong. in fact, although you are evidentally blinded by prejudice for some reason this series has a very active collector base and i'd expect them to sell past the reserves with no problem.
  • Options

<< <i>I'd love to have that 1976 PR70DCAM but no way can I afford it >>

I'd sell you mine for $4500 or trade for $5000 of silver or gold. Contact me at sysiphus@comcast.net From the #4 (tied) current finest Basic Ike Proof Set "The Shampine Collection Of Ikes"

Greg
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 832 ✭✭✭
    Gary,

How about an after auction update?

Was this the first time you've used Heritage Auction to sell some of your collection?

Would you recommend or use them again in the future?

Joe
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I wonder whose registry set(s) of Ikes these coins may be added to?
  • Options
    sonoranmonsoonsonoranmonsoon Posts: 2,078 ✭✭

<< <i>I wonder whose registry set(s) of Ikes these coins may be added to? >>

Whoever it is, may have trouble paying the home mortgage this month. image
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Gary,

How about an after auction update?

Was this the first time you've used Heritage Auction to sell some of your collection?

Would you recommend or use them again in the future?

Joe >>

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joe,

To answer your question,,,, yes I was very pleased with the sale prices at The Heritage Auction and yes this was my first time using them and yes I will use them again. I think their photos were very well done and they showed the coins exactly as they actually are.

The new feature that PCGS has is really image If you enter the cert number in under cert verifaction it will show you a link to where the coins sold at The Central States Auction. This feature will be very useful in the future.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd love to have that 1976 PR70DCAM but no way can I afford it >>

I'd sell you mine for $4500 or trade for $5000 of silver or gold. Contact me at sysiphus@comcast.net From the #4 (tied) current finest Basic Ike Proof Set "The Shampine Collection Of Ikes"

Greg >>

WAAAAAY out of my budget atm. I'd need to take out a loan. image But ty for the offer and hope you sell it.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    I won a few of them. They arrived a few days ago, and I added them to my registry sets. 2 of them were Grandams. Thanks Grandam.
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 832 ✭✭✭
    Sonoran Monsoon,

Your U.S. Dollars Complete Set with Major Varieties, Circulation Strikes is amazing; May I ask how long you've been working on it?

Joe
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options

<< <i>Sonoran Monsoon,

Your U.S. Dollars Complete Set with Major Varieties, Circulation Strikes is amazing; May I ask how long you've been working on it?

Joe >>

I have been working on it for about 8 years. It started off with Morgans only, and sorta grew from there.
  • Options
    I agree! I enjoyed looking at all of your dollars! Awesome collection. image