Home Sports Talk
Options

This is why people post in the Sports and Memorabilia forum :)

Cause nobody comes here!

Comments

• Options
    Your title makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

• Options
    present
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody comes here because we hate to fight the crowd.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cause nobody comes here! >>

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    True there is not enough traffic for meaingful sports talk over here most of the time. Too bad really.
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never come here because nobody comes here. It really is a vicious cycle.

Shane

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to mildly disagree with that. Seems to me the CU Sports Talk forum is as active if not more active than ever.

One reason it may not appear to be as active as before is because a few years back we had a "gentlemen's agreement", to have team threads going throughout the season, rather than too many individual team threads and duplicate threads, and the forum stays cleaner that way...but perhaps to some it looks less lively.

I post as well in Eagles and Phillies forums and I like those forums, but I particularly like discussing and debating sports with fellow card and coin collectors - it doesn't have to be "crowded" for me to enjoy it here.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    pathetic excuse
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I post here because I hate the Phillies and I like bothering Stevek. Also, Stevek and I both hate the Mets and both enjoy bothering Grote. Its going to be a very long year for Grote.......because the Mets are terrible.......again............yes.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options

<< <i>I post here because I hate the Phillies and I like bothering Stevek. Also, Stevek and I both hate the Mets and both enjoy bothering Grote. Its going to be a very long year for Grote.......because the Mets are terrible.......again............yes. >>

Be careful about bothering Grote15 too much because he's a bit on the old side...he has mentioned numerous times that as a kid he collected Old Judge cards when they first came out.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    I like to just make fun of Stevie Boy.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    This place began to suck when the Phillies started acting like they were the Yankees and the Red Sox
    finally won something.

Good for you.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fondly recall inserting Old Judge cards inside the wooden spokes of my unicycle back when the team in Philly were known as the Athletics...

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

<< <i>I fondly recall inserting Old Judge cards inside the wooden spokes of my unicycle back when the team in Philly were known as the Athletics... >>

And here I thought the Phillies were the only MLB team Philadelphia ever had. image