Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Who cares about the stinkin coin? This is valuable plastic!!

The elusive PCGS S-1.
Very rare and very seldom seen. Only saw 2 on eBay in the last year.
Their very first type of Sample Slab. 1986-88.
I think it has some kind of coin in it but really didn't notice. image

Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.

Comments

• Options
    Dog,
    What is all the excitment about the older slabs. I have several early dollars ( 1795 - 1799 ) and a few Jefferson Nickels in those slabs. Mine are not sample slabs, they are graded by PCGS but in the old slabs. I didn't think there was any added value being in an older slab. Let me know

Thanks, Dennis
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Sigh, these coin collectors just don't get it. image

The point is that it's a sample slab, not just any sample slab, but a very rare and very seldom seen sample slab.

Graded coins in old slabs are a dime-a-dozen. image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there realy a market for older slabs ,Or just a select few who collect them?.Al
  • Options
    gmarguligmarguli Posts: 2,226 ✭✭
    Very rare? PCGS gave out boatloads of these slabs. They used to hand them out when you walked into a show.
  • Options
    supercoinsupercoin Posts: 2,323
    Oh.

Hey Dog, you got screwed!
  • Options
    Dog97Dog97 Posts: 7,875 ✭✭✭
    You probably saw the common PCGS 1S2, 2S1 or 4 or 6 series but you aint seen no boatloads of 1S1!!
    Change that we can believe in is that change which is 90% silver.
  • Options
    keithdagenkeithdagen Posts: 2,025
    Dog's right. Everybody knows that PCGS was really strict on those holders. You can crack those coins out and submit them and get them graded SAMPLE-02 easily. image

Keith
    Keith ™

• Options
    BigD5BigD5 Posts: 3,433
    If I was the proud owner of that fine piece of numismatic history, I'd be on the phone negotiating terms with all the major auction houses! What a find!!! image I don't know how you do it Dog. You're amazing, just like everyone says! imageimage
    BigD5
    LSCC#1864

Ebay Stuff