Home Precious Metals
Options

Silver Mania Predictions Don't Make Sense

2»

Comments

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    There are two types of people on this board. There are some people who make clear predictions, and you can test those predictions by looking at what actually happens. Like for example, "I think the price silver going to increase by X date." Or "I think Boeing stock is going to decrease in value over Y time period." It's brave to put a prediction out there and let the chips fall where they may. I'm impressed when people do this.

On the other hand (and not to point fingers at anyone - this is just a general observation): there are other people who nitpick and criticize and try to sound smart... but those people generally won't make a clear prediction that would allow the rest of us to figure out whether they're as smart/prescient as they claim. Posting a chart is one thing, but how about making a clear prediction on price direction? Let's test the genius that seems to be so prevalent on these boards, rather than beating around the bush image

So yeah, there is much to learn. But you won't learn it from those whose main role seems to be just criticizing others and trying to sound smart. As Theodore Roosevelt said:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>lol, yea I guess when u posted buy the dips that meant for everyone to sell ay $47+...lol >>

only if they wanted 20%+ more.

Your continuing criticism of everyone else would be more acceptable if you at least had opinions or thoughts of your own that concern precious metals. >>

Criticism ??? Lol, u posted it...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    Lol, what about the 401k predictions???!!!...oh they don't count... Lol
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks secondrepublic, I've had that quote up in my office for 25+ years.

As far as firm predictions, isn't that what the annual investment thread is for? image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Lol, what about the 401k predictions???!!!...oh they don't count... Lol >>

I see no 401k predictions by me in this thread. You're starting to mix up your video gaming with precious metals. Stick with the video games, it will cost you less.
  • Options
    Lol, Derry b , I would want to erase them from my memory and everyone here also...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posting a chart is one thing, but how about making a clear prediction on price direction?

Sunday August 31, 2014 11:45 AM

Silver better hold 18 otherwise its 14 by end of year.

You mean like that?

Let's test the genius that seems to be so prevalent on these boards, rather than beating around the bush

I would love to know who you are referring to as I have several questions to ask of he or she.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Posting a chart is one thing, but how about making a clear prediction on price direction? Let's test the genius that seems to be so prevalent on these boards, rather than beating around the bush image >>

I predict that sometime in the future, the price of silver will be higher than it is now.

Mark this post! image

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the record, I still don't trust the banking system or the politicians.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For the record, I still don't trust the banking system or the politicians.image >>

For the record I agree with you.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear