Home Sports Talk
Options

Manny Ramirez announces retirement from MLB !!!

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
Story has something to do with drugs as MLB approached Manny on this topic...he immediately announced he was retiring.

I'm paraphrasing, but I'm fairly close...check ESPN news.

Comments

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Just saw that...shame...
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    and by shame I mean...shame he was messed up with more drugs what ever it may be.

baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved him in Fenway when his head was in the game. He was definitely a major reason the Red Sox won the 2004 WS. I was looking forward to the Rays coming to Fenway next week. He got crazy a few times towards the end and he became less and less of a fan favorite with some of his antics...when he decided to no longer be a team player, he had to go.

Not a good way to leave the game if it is in fact drug related. I doubt he'll be hurting for coin, he certainly made a ton, living in the DR can't be that expensive...he'll live like a king there.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVED Manny up until about 2005.

Too Bad he cant just do Roids like 75% of the other guys in the league have or had without being caught.

• Options
    just like every other roid head, an embarassment to the game.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    once you're pinched you're subject to 6 additional tests...and that's likely why he was caught this time around. Most guys know how to beat the system in the standard testings. Verducci said that initially Manny started the appeals process a few days ago, but has since changed his mind. Oh well, good riddance. He'll save the Fenway faithful a trip to upstate NY.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    what a way to go out...
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he started as a phenomenal high schooler out of NY and entered MLB through Cleveland with what could have been some really great teams. too bad he insisted on "being Manny" instead of just the great player he could have been had he not suffered from Terminal Rectitus. i assume he'll enter the Hall after the voters punish his indescretions for what will probably be an additional decade of waiting, by then he'll be just another after-thought in the annals of Baseball history.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Manny is not the sharpest knife in the draw.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    What a coward and a quitter!!! He gets caught doing 'roids and rather than being a man(ny) about it and taking responsibility for his actions, he just quits??

Good riddance!! The "man" is an even bigger disgrace to the sport than even Barry Bonds was!
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

His answer to everything has always been to QUIT. Now he as quit baseball. GOOD GRIEF !!!!!! What an IDIOT !!!! What a waste of talent !!!!