Home Sports Talk
Options

Barry Bonds trial goes to the jury

Total waste of time and taxpayer money. Sure he's a tool, but I think it will be hard to prove that he lied about taking steroids. I may be wrong but this case against him seems pretty weak. I honestly don't care one way or the other. He's disliked by so many fans and members of the media that he'll most likely be shunned by baseball fans forever anyway.

Comments

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard on the News that Bonds lawyer did not call any witnesses. That can be an indication they feel the case against him is weak and no reason to allow cross examination to make their case stronger. If I remember correctly the players who " threw" the 1919 World Series were found Not Guilty in court but the Commissioner banned them anyway. If Bonds is aquitted I wonder how Selig will react. Actually if Bonds is found guilty I wonder how he will react.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I'll be shocked if he's found guilty of anything.

From the coverage I've read, which admittedly is not much, it looked like much of the "evidence" was he said/she said.

Complete waste of money.
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    I barely followed this case, but I read this at the tail end of an article that was posted today:

If found guilty on any charge, Bonds faces a maximum of 10 years in prison, although federal sentencing guidelines suggest 15-20 months and earlier convictions of false testimony in the BALCO case had sentences of house arrest.

Did our government really spend all this time and money just to send Barry Bonds to his room?
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Exactly.
    All that time and effort and hoopla and money for a single obstruction charge and likely zero jail time.
    Way to go, prosecutors.

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I can't think of a better way to spend $50 million