Home Precious Metals
Options

Thank you PCGS for having the foresight for starting this Precious Metals forum.

fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
Without the PCGS precious metal forum I would have had NO clue to buy precious metals. It has been a great read! Call me a koolaid drinker if you want to.

Thank You very much PCGS!! I owe you one.

Comments

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    +1 A great place to keep up on Au & Agimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,436 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM threads used to be in the U.S. Coin Forum but a few forum members complained that these PM threads were off topic so they started this forum.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PM threads used to be in the U.S. Coin Forum but a few forum members complained that these PM threads were off topic so they started this forum. >>

I too am glad they did. There are a number of very intelligent members on this forum. It is a great resource.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭

• Options
    greghansengreghansen Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭

Greg Hansen, Melbourne, FL Click here for any current EBAY auctions Multiple "Circle of Trust" transactions over 14 years on forum

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wholeheartedly agree. It's great to have a bunch of eyes & ears tracking the metals. Having the means to bounce opinions around is very helpful in keeping the focus where it needs to be. Thanks PCGS! image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed. I find myself spending more time on the PM forum than at the US Coin forum. Its more relaxed here too.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dittos
  • Options
    BBQnBLUESBBQnBLUES Posts: 1,803

<< <i>Indeed. I find myself spending more time on the PM forum than at the US Coin forum. Its more relaxed here too. >>

AMEN !!
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    +1image
    Becky
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And thanks for cutting us a little slack with the politics. Unfortunately PMs are heavily influenced by political action.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Yes, ty!! I've learned lots on this forum!
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    pakasmompakasmom Posts: 1,920
    image I like it here.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they created "Misfit Island" I think they just wanted to clean up the USCF.............Little did they knowimage
    Yes, I'm also very grateful for this forum...............MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    fastrudyfastrudy Posts: 2,096
    +1

Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't it like 6 yrs over on the main forum with the Gold & Economic primary thread? How did they put up with us? lol
    I wonder if anyone relatively new here ever went back and waded through the entire 200+ pages of that thread?
    Our founding father Goldsaint gets credit for starting that thread in 2004.

But this is oh so much easier now. Many thanks to PCGS for giving us this sandbox to putter around in. image

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They want to kick bullion (bullion coins) out of the Coin Forum now. The ATB thread is makin' them crazy.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Yep, I'm grateful too. Maybe once a month I just pop in and see what they are talking about but no longer post at all. It doesn't change much: Grade this trade dollar, How many are going to buy Buckies...and flip 'em, When are the frickin' ATB's gonna come out. I guess it's all good and there are some great posters there, just like here. The strange thing is back in the original PM thread when one of the goof balls would wander into the thread and start trashing our discussions and they were attacked like piranha on a cheeseburger...that doesn't happen much anymore but it was fun when it did happen.

Grateful here too for this forum. Thanks PCGS and don't forget SM, he's given us a lot of room to thrash around in the pool without blowing the whistle.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭

+1

If collectibles forums were graded on how many of their
    readers had profited financially from their participation,
    the CLCT PM forum would be scored VERY highly.

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Grateful here too for this forum. Thanks PCGS and don't forget SM, he's given us a lot of room to thrash around in the pool without blowing the whistle. >>

Yes, we should be grateful he's not like the lifeguard at Bushwood CC in Caddyshack. He actually even let's some pee in the pool here. He's even tolerant of the Spalding's. MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>
    Grateful here too for this forum. Thanks PCGS and don't forget SM, he's given us a lot of room to thrash around in the pool without blowing the whistle. >>

Yes, we should be grateful he's not like the lifeguard at Bushwood CC in Caddyshack. He actually even let's some pee in the pool here. He's even tolerant of the Spalding's. MJ >>

there is a "Sports Talk" forum...so i guess the lattitude somewhat follows here

• Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks PCGS and don't forget SM, he's given us a lot of room to thrash around in the pool without blowing the whistle. >>

SM's a subversive bomb-thrower they've been trying to put a coat & tie on for years. image
  • Options
    TIPPAHNUMTIPPAHNUM Posts: 79 ✭✭✭
    This PM forum has been a very rewarding read and I've gained a much better understanding of Precious Metals and
    the workings of current economics...So while a Big 'THANKS' is in order for PCGS for allowing us this forum, there are also
    some of the best knowledge and many of the brightest minds that you will find across the Web on this forum regarding PM's...
    Thanks to all for their contributions and knowledge sharing...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"having money's not everything and not having it is."

-Kanye West

• Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Just another Thanks and a reminder to fellow PM'ers let's please let the "drama" threads die and get back to PM'simage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    I agree.
    Have been popping over here from the world coin forum more and more lately, like that there's some economics and politics all thrown in the mix.
    Still thinking of what to put in my signature...
  • Options
    JackrabbitJackrabbit Posts: 266 ✭✭
    Read and Learn.... Just like going back to school....
  • Options
    Thanks Again PCGS, Roadrunner, Goldsaint, Deadhorse and other forum members on the precious metals forum.

This is the ONLY place I have ever read about precious metals. Without this forum I would have been totally clueless.
  • Options
    Thanks again to PCGS.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Its a great place to hang out and share ideas and opinions.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great forum - no doubt about it. image

As of course is the whole CU forum in general - overall with all its topics, simply the best!
  • Options
    PCGSimage

Thanks fivecents for starting this blog. Sometimes in the dog days of summer we forget to show appreciate to those that enable freedom of thought. PCGS
  • Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    I have read comments and ideas here that precede mainstream media by weeks!
    "Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx