Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Do You Find It Annoying?

When you win a card at auction and wait days to receive it, then be required to deal with the hassle of getting the seller to remove the Cert # from the prior owner's Set Registry.

This seems to be happening quite frequently of late. At times, it does take three full business days and scans emailed to PSA to get this done. One would hope the seller would have the common courtesy to do this B4hand.

Comments

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>When you win a card at auction and wait days to receive it, then be required to deal with the hassle of getting the seller to remove the Cert # from the prior owner's Set Registry.

This seems to be happening quite frequently of late. At times, it does take three full business days and scans emailed to PSA to get this done. One would hope the seller would have the common courtesy to do this B4hand. >>

Many sellers use this as a way to make sure the card actually arrived. I wouldn't think it would trap many scummy buyers, but you never know when one is going to file a INR then add the card to their registry. Consignment sellers might not even know the card is in the registry, or be able to rmeove it themselves.

But yeah, itsannoying as heck.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    I have the challenge of buying cards at shows that are linked to registry's and then I have no idea whose registry they are attached to...
    this even happens with some consignors...
    not sure the solution.....
    it does happen from time 2 time..

its frustrating when I buy and this happens to me...but as long as u provide scans they allow you to add to your sets...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    Unless I know the buyer, I usually leave the item in my registry until I get the notification. Just like bking said, it's an extra layer of notification that the buyer (or someone else) did receive the card.

When I buy, it's a small hassle, but 99% of the time it is removed within a day, and I can understand why it happened.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that I sell much, but the few times that I have, I kept the cert number in my inventory until I was sure the card was received.

I've had it happen to me and usually when I notify PSA it is removed in a few days...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    I've had cards that I've bought that were not removed from another's set.....a slight annoyance but bearable......GO INDIANS!!! al.
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I had just this problem recently. It took several removal requests and I had to send the scan to PSA twice before they finally removed it from whoever's set it was in. The first time I sent in a scan, it wasn't three "business days" so PSA made me wait through the weekend, then failed to remove the card from the previous owner's set after the third business day. It took another email to finally get the card removed. Seems awfully stupid to jump through so many hoops to register a mid-grade common.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Not sure if this is the problem, but at one time all one had to do was delete the card from a set.

Now you also have to delete it from inventory, perhaps some do not realize this.

Good for you.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Not sure if this is the problem, but at one time all one had to do was delete the card from a set.

Now you also have to delete it from inventory, perhaps some do not realize this. >>

This is true. I recently sold a card not in any registered set, however the buyer could not add it to his set until I deleted it from my inventory.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

I sold a few cards in the last few weeks and waited until I got the request to remove. I removed them right away, but its the extra insurance that the person got the cards and couldn't file an INR.

Also noticed when I was removing those cards from my inventory that I had some cards in my inventory that I didn't own. Anybody else have this problem?
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    Once you receive money for a card then remove the card from your registry. No matter what your reason is for not doing it, the card does not belong to you. I do find it annoying to have to go through the process of having to have a card removed from someone else's registry. This rarely happens to me but it does happen.