Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Check out this 1934 S Peace..... What the heck is up with this one... :)

Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,

Comments

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    that is bad! David Hall should hit the Buy It Now button

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were weakly struck that seems to be a lot of wear.
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623

<< <i>They were weakly struck that seems to be a lot of wear. >>

He is right even with a weak strike that is not up to snuff, No sticker image
  • Options
    scotty1419scotty1419 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭
    Wow. Very overgraded by anyone's standards.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like a VF20 to me.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    ACG VF35

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options

<< <i>that is bad! David Hall should hit the Buy It Now button >>

Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worn dies, no doubt. But still. And what about that neck scratch? That's just wrong.
    Lance.
  • Options
    mikeygmikeyg Posts: 1,002

The graders didnt get much sleep the night before.image
  • Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The graders didnt get much sleep the night before. >>

Nor have they slept since.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a big problem with the scratch. Why did this straight grade?
    You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    RayboRaybo Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where's that NGC 45 (1877) IHC that was posted a few days ago, that was horid too! image
  • Options

<< <i>I have a big problem with the scratch. Why did this straight grade? >>

I agree, I dont see anything wrong with the XF40 details.I think the coin has the proper wear for the grade. Only thing I dont like is the scratches.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Gentlemen, in grading circles that is called a "gift"

If this were your coin, you would not be so negative.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    If this was my coin I would send it back in and I have done it in the past! This coin is very very weak. Shouldn't be any better than a vf20.

• Options
    Ouch!
  • Options
    SNMANSNMAN Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭
    Maybe it is a fake slab!
    Positive Transactions with: justindan; Drunner; Segoja, Dragon, fivecents, Connecticoin, WTCG, gsa1fan, abitofthisabitofthat; commoncents05;Broadstruck; and ......more
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad mine has a lot more meat to it.
    imageimage
    It does have a lot more dirt and it's own faults too. But I like it better in a PCGS XF40 holder than the one shown above.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file