Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Scans of Baines PSA 9's (from 1897) and some other vintage golf

A LOT of folks had nice comments about my post when I was notified of these grades and wanted to see more scans...ask and you shall receive.

This all just back from PSA in the last week. Some nice additions to my collection. (too bad the wireless scanner makes these look so fuzzy)

Curious as to what any of you think a PSA 9 1897 Baines Golf Ball card might be worth.

and a representative back scan, although these do appear to be some back varieties

Lastly a small group of 1901 and 1902 Ogdens - Including a Old Tom Morris, as well as a cool German Coffee Card (highest graded)

thanks for looking!
Dave Johnson- Big Red Country-Nebraska
Collector of Vintage Golf cards! Let me know what you might have.

Comments

• Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Awesome cards. Were these all tobacco premiums?
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Not bad, but some of those have really rounded corners...
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Awesome cards. Were these all tobacco premiums? >>

I don't think the Baines cards were tobacco premiums. Not sure how they were dispersed, the Ogdens were definately tobacco cards
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi Dave - some of those cards are absolutely exquisite!

I know nothing about those issues but they're really cool. I especially like the Baines cards - superb.
    Mike
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    i'll be honest, I clicked on the link hoping to see someone pimping their 1987 Harold Baines gems.

great stuff!
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    No idea on the prices Dave, but I wish I had seen this Baines with Old Tom at the time it was listed, which a British seller sold in February:

Text
  • Options
    i'll be honest, I clicked on the link hoping to see someone pimping their 1987 Harold Baines gems.

Always like Harold Baines growing up as a kid.

But certainly these blow any of his cards IMO out of the water!

Thanks for sharing,
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of these I am familiar with or had seen pics before, but this is the first time seeing the golf ball looking cards.

Great stuff and definitely a nice score on the Coombe Hill PSA 9...image

Thanks for sharing...Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    GolfcollectorGolfcollector Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

<< <i>No idea on the prices Dave, but I wish I had seen this Baines with Old Tom at the time it was listed, which a British seller sold in February:

Text >>

Scott I had a 400 GBP snipe bid and for some reason it did not go through....Boooooooo!
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>No idea on the prices Dave, but I wish I had seen this Baines with Old Tom at the time it was listed, which a British seller sold in February:

Text >>

Scott I had a 400 GBP snipe bid and for some reason it did not go through....Boooooooo! >>

Understandable Dave - that looked like it should have gone for more than the final price!
  • Options
    mariotownmariotown Posts: 508 ✭✭
    Nice cards! Looks like Coombe is misspelled "Combe" on the flip though.

Kevin
    I collect PSA 10 Cal Ripken, Jr. cards.