Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1955 Clemente ending on eBay today

Was anyone else watching this auction? Appears to be in pristine condition.

1955 Clemente

I wish I had $5k to drop on it image
1955 Topps is done!
working on 1956 Topps in PSA 6-7

Comments

• MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I would say that the card is still in that holder for a reason. Centering is somewhat off as well.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm suprised they did not try to cross to PSA. If it was in a PSA 8 holder I believe it would have brought a much nicer return.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The seller is a member here, maybe ask him?

Good for you.
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, Here goes

Sir, has this card been sent in for review? Or perhaps did the consignor have misgivingings about the expense in sending it in or have other reasons not to?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA 8

WOW this card is strong. I remember just a few years ago this going in the 6k range.
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW this card is strong. I remember just a few years ago this going in the 6k range. >>

That certainly is a beauty! Are you saying this exact card went for $6,000ish?
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

<< <i>

<< <i>WOW this card is strong. I remember just a few years ago this going in the 6k range. >>

That certainly is a beauty! Are you saying this exact card went for $6,000ish? >>

No. I realize there can be variance obviously within the grade but PSA 8 Clemente's were in the high 5's just a handful of years ago. I remember a board member buying one on EBAY for $6,500 and some thought that was high.

PSA 8's in general of this card have taken off is my point.
  • gemintgemint Posts: 6,066 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I got in when I did. This one is more nicely centered (mine's 60-40 T-B) but mine doesn't have the print flaws of this one.

<< <i>I'm glad I got in when I did. This one is more nicely centered (mine's 60-40 T-B) but mine doesn't have the print flaws of this one. >>

You were under 10k if I recall. $9,800 I think.

Wow, this card is pushing $20k now. This was a particularly strong example but still...

1955 Clemente
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, this card is pushing $20k now. This was a particularly strong example but still...

1955 Clemente >>

Hi guys, is this my stolen card? No, but the print dot is close! I was alert the pirates logo on mine is better centered!

BUssineau

My card

• mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Wow, this card is pushing $20k now. This was a particularly strong example but still...

1955 Clemente >>

Hi guys, is this my stolen card? I'm thinking no, but the print dot is close!

BUssineau

My card

image >>

It sure looks the same to me. Do you have a scan of the back of yours?
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure about SBC, but anytime someone mentions ASA I WOULD RUN AS FAST AS I COULD IN THE OTHER DIRECTION.

One of my worst deals was with ASA. Horrible horrible story I wont go into here.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hit the panic button, print dot was calling my name! Pirates logo is off register.
  • cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    What happened to the scans of the Probstein auction of the SBC graded Clemente RC?
    They sure disappeared quickly. What's the story?
  • The auction was 3 years ago. image
  • CWCW Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭
    Bumping an old already-bumped thread image

This PSA 7 Clemente RC in Mile High is in extended bidding and is at about $5800 with BP (I'm assuming BP is not figured in yet).

Yeowza!
  • DM23HOFDM23HOF Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If that Mile High 7 goes for X, then this one is worth X+

Instagram: mattyc_collection

• 60sfan60sfan Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What happened to the scans of the Probstein auction of the SBC graded Clemente RC?
    They sure disappeared quickly. What's the story? >>

Good question!
  • BruceinGaBruceinGa Posts: 268 ✭✭
    CSA Clemente

makes you wonder what shortcomings this one has!

<< <i>Bumping an old already-bumped thread image

This PSA 7 Clemente RC in Mile High is in extended bidding and is at about $5800 with BP (I'm assuming BP is not figured in yet).

Yeowza! >>

Wow, I remember when 8s were going for that. That isn't even a good looking 7.