Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

sheet cut cards question

Where do you take these to have them cut? Is BGS the only one that will grade these?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    BGS is notorious for doing it. You have to be careful when crossing over BGS/BVG cards to PSA because they will just return them with a note that says "hand cut". Me and one of my friends have had it happen on a couple of our orders. As far as having someone cut them im not sure, i dont like the market even having hand cut items. If it didn't come out of a pack i don't think it should be graded the same as a factory cut card. But thats just my opinion and i understand that it is fun for some people to get them graded.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Beckett is the only one that will consistently slab them, but properly sized examples have found their way into other companies' holders.

I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Evening,

Everytime I see a Thread about this subject, I just Crack Up...........................All Cards......................Yes, All Cards, are Sheet Cut!! Do you think that at the Topps factory they Print one Card at a time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!

YeeHahaimage

Neilimageimageimage

Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    How do they even detect it if the cards are exactly the correct size?
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How do they even detect it if the cards are exactly the correct size? >>

Surface, smooth edges for OPC issue...
  • Options
    e64mtde64mtd Posts: 104
    Low surface subs on high grade Beckett holders are also an indication. Some OPC vending have very smooth edges. 1969 and 1974 OPC hockey can be used as prime examples. It can be difficult to determine sheet cuts simply by examining the edges on these cards. I agree with the above poster about all cards coming from a sheet a one point. Blasphemy around here but I love the aesthetics of sheet-cut cards.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If it didn't come out of a pack i don't think it should be graded the same >>

a large proportion of gradeable cards from vending boxes and factory sets...