Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

In God is Our Trust - Frank Key

EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
I drove out to Baltimore show from Tucson. It took 3 days and I arrived a bit early so I spent some time visiting museums.

I wanted to go to the Civil War museum since it is nearly 150 years since the Baltimore riots. Some Union troops were being transferred between two rail links and had to be moved along Pratt St. for 10 blocks. Maryland was a Southern state and might have joined the Confederacy if Washington City were not then completely in Confederate territory. Citizens threw paving brinks at the soldiers and they in turn fired back. It was probably the first skirmish of the war.

Unfortunately, the museum was closed - open only on the weekends. So I went to the Waters museum, which was a real treat! It is on Monument square. The Mt. Vernon church is also on the square. On it I noticed this plaque about Francis Scott Key.

It says: "And this be our motto, In God is Our Trust - Key"

The Baltimore show is very busy - Indian cents are hot! That's my show report.
Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:

Comments

• Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indian cents hot?? I'll believe it when Laura says it in "Hot Topics". image

Thanks for the pic - why did you decide to drive?? Family along??
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to deliver a car for my sister.

It was my first cross-country sprint, and my last.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha - thought maybe you had too much bullion to fly. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file