Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question for a modern submission ATS ???

robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering if anyone has submitted a modern coin such as a Kennedy half ATS (ngc). Can you still receive a *star designation on a modern submission without requesting a designation review ???
Thanks...

Comments

• Options
    SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

Yes...they give them or they don't give them, they do not take requests.....image
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    If a coin has exceptional eye appeal to the graders it will get the star. Doesn't matter what tier you choose. One thing you will not get is a plus.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Per NGC: "On January 1, 2008, NGC expanded its Star Designation to all grades of US coinage up to MS 69 and PF 69. All uncertified coins submitted to NGC are automatically reviewed for the Star Designation during the course of grading at no additional charge. Coins already certified by NGC may be reviewed for Star Designation under the Designation Review service for $10 per coin."

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Thanks for the replies... The coin in question is a 64 Kennedy half that I wanted to submit.
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A star designation would be pretty cool!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the replies... The coin in question is a 64 Kennedy half that I wanted to submit. >>

Is this coin MS or PF? Also what makes you think its star worthy? Any pics?
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file