Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

How would you proceed? UPDATED

I have already decided my path but would love to hear what others would do in a similar position.

A forum member sells you something, you pay and wait for delivery. DC shows item has been lost for 19 days and the seller agrees to a refund but when the time comes they do no refund (or reply to you for days) and now state they are worried to refund the money because the item may still show up.

UPDATE;

PP went ahead and paid the claim within 24 hours of filing.

I would strongly suggest not using the gift feature when doing any transactions with fellow board member Monstarcoins as he was unwilling to refund without PP forcing the issue. Had this been a gift payment I would of been out $125 with no recourse.

Comments

• Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I think it's time for a refund.
    Then the seller can take it up with the P.O.

Edited to add if you haven't done so yet, I'd also file a PP claim, esp. if you don't think the guy will refund willingly
  • Options
    Agree with hammered... Time to refund, you can always "re-refund" if the item shows up

Have you called the PO yet? I know I had something I sent out, showed up like 25 days later after a call with an apology note.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>I think it's time for a refund.
    Then the seller can take it up with the P.O. >>

Gagree...

If it's a regular here, they should know the drill by now - if DC doesn't show delivered by now, it most likely won't. Now, the followup to this is that if the item shows up later the seller needs to be made whole.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    I would file a paypal claim and I would out the forum member.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    If he used the Paypal gift option, would he still be able to file a claim?

Can you post the DC number? (That's not something that needs to be kept secret, is it?)
  • Options

<< <i>If he used the Paypal gift option, would he still be able to file a claim?

Can you post the DC number? (That's not something that needs to be kept secret, is it?) >>

Fairly new member so the gift option was not used, used the normal PP payment system.

DC# 03102010000192244331 (forgot how to provide a link)
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
    not involved, but here is the latest info:

Label/Receipt Number: 0310 2010 0001 9224 4331
    Expected Delivery Date: March 17, 2011
    Class: Package Services
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was processed through and left our WARRENDALE, PA 15095 facility on March 12, 2011 at 2:03 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

Processed through Sort Facility, March 12, 2011, 2:03 pm, WARRENDALE, PA 15095
    Acceptance, March 11, 2011, 5:34 pm, SAGINAW, MI 48603

• Options
    Thanks Steve!
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't out the member in this case because he hasn't done anything fraudulent
  • Options
    Was it for a $2 card? LOL.

Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options

<< <i>Was it for a $2 card? LOL.

Careful hhmag, last time you tried to 'out' a 'problem' you were dead wrong about a shill, because the bidder was 100% legit. In the meantime you did potential harm to an honest seller by linking his business with an illegal practice.

Figured I would add a edit for you: You were wrong(and were yourself a clown in that instance). Keep that in mind when dealing with this new situaton. >>

Hey douche bag, glad to get your opinion since it carries so much weight.

If you were not so stupid you would have noticed that the prior case you speak of was only referenced by me because of the 212 bid retractions. But again, not smart enough to understand why that should raise any red flags.

• Options
    HHmag,

Why do you even bother putting that link of your listings?

• Options
    Shut up already holy sh*t everyone

MOM JIM WAS WRONG ABOUT THE WORM IN THE MUD
  • Options
    [
  • Options
    I had someone admit their wrong in my other thread, I just don't pursue it because I don't care if my d*ck is bigger than yours on the internet.

The internet.

The internet.

The internet...

• Options
  • Options
    They aren't damaging anyone... I made the post, let them have their opinions.

The guy had it posted in multiple cities, a lot of big collections seem to do that... Doesn't bother me, seems to bother others. When I get tired of people b*tching is after a thread like that seeing people post and post and post and post. That was in the morning I've been doing crap all day and would like to read constructive posts not this crap. In the morning I needed something today, now I just want a good read.
  • Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    WOW image

• Options

<< <i>They aren't damaging anyone... I made the post, let them have their opinions.

The guy had it posted in multiple cities, a lot of big collections seem to do that... Doesn't bother me, seems to bother others. When I get tired of people b*tching is after a thread like that seeing people post and post and post and post. That was in the morning I've been doing crap all day and would like to read constructive posts not this crap. In the morning I needed something today, now I just want a good read. >>

Huh?

Dude, you got the complete wrong case here. I'm not talking about that Craig's list garbage.

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    In my best Flounder voice, "Oh boy, is this great!?!?!"

Have fun with 'em Rich! You might want to get a ball-peen hammer and smash it repeatedly against your skull.
  • Options
    In the future, HhmAG needs to deal with possible situations more carefully, and when he deals with somebody who may not konw how to deal with a situation, he should maybe have some empathy, because he doesn't either.
  • Options
    And once again, I get another lol moment...

And because of the dialogue, the picture of the train just sealed the deal. Still smiling about it...

That picture is about 20% of how the topics end up going on here.

I need that 20% to keep me entertained. The other 80% is greatly appreciated by many members who have been on here for years and years.

Thanks for that 80%

Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    Some of the long time members on here were the main contributors to the previously removed train wreck thread....and they were all in the wrong.
  • Options
    Also, to the folks who have said stuff along the lines of "let it die..."

YOU should have never let it live to begin with!

• Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>Some of the long time members on here were the main contributors to the previously removed train wreck thread....and they were all in the wrong. >>

Of course they were, because your always right! Look I like Rick Probstein as much as anybody, and think hes a very good seller,, but you riding his jock like you were in the shill thread was ridiculous. Noone was hurting his business by questioning the bidder with 212 retractions.

Now please grace us with your ultimate wisdom on all things card, so we can all go to bed a little bit smarter, Thanks to the Saberman!
  • Options
    Mbmiller,

I'm editing out anymore mention in my previous posts, but to answer your statement...

If your name is put directly as the main topic in a thread title labled Shill bidding(even though the bidders were in question, not the seller), it is bad for the seller. If you do not understand that, then you probably do have to learn more. There is a reason WHY that got deleted...and not what the original poster thought.

Also, the 'detective' work to come to their conclusions was awful...and of course was completely wrong.

• Options
    All I can say is when you are wrong, say you are wrong and you will gain respect. It may not seem like it in that moment, but over time respect is gained, sometimes even stronger.

So here I am at home kids are in bed, and I am reading through topics to educate myself at my leisure. I see this thread about a problem, and am interested to see how it was resolved or the info inside. I start reading and continue, and the next thing you know its gone south and fast! I keep reading and it starts to get out of control and hilarious at points................. And then bam, a train pops up.

It's kind of a classic icon on these boards....
    Miconelegacy Auctions
    "Live everyday, don't throw it away"
  • Options
    I probably should not have brought it back up so I don't do the opposite of what I was trying to do...I just wanted one of the main contributors to know that his assumptions were false...and that thread was deleted for a reason(and that it IS damaging, and if one doesn't understand why, then they need to turn over more stones to figure out why).
  • Options
    There are only 2 reasons to rack up that many retractions. Both of those reasons mean the buyer is a scumbag, doesn't matter if it is shilling or fishing for the high bid.

If a seller is ok with either of those 2 reasons then I have no use for that seller.
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    I sold an item to a forum member that was lost in the mail -- sent prompt refund and was in touch with the person throughout.
  • Options

<< <i>There are only 2 reasons to rack up that many retractions. Both of those reasons mean the buyer is a scumbag, doesn't matter if it is shilling or fishing for the high bid.

If a seller is ok with either of those 2 reasons then I have no use for that seller. >>

There you have it...and you guys said people weren't saying damaging stuff???? Even though that problem is with the Ebay police/policies...not the seller. So don't damage the seller.

Of course, that wasn't the main reason why the thread was wrong.

But Hhmag, so next time somebody with many bid retractions buys one of your $5 auctions, make sure you cancel the bid, and relist the item.
  • Options
    But Hhmag,

You do realize that there were no bid retractions in the auction in question. That bidder did NOTHING wrong in that auction. You do understand that, right? He wasn't playing with the auction by retracting...he was just bidding a lot. So you hold no ground with your allegations.

And he wasn't bidding a lot because he was a shill. He won and paid!

You guys were wrong on both counts....and you jeopardized on honest seller on a false witch hunt! And people think that is ok??? Really?
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Is this groundhog day? Someone has some serious anger management issues.

Try using this, it helps...

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Cpamike, why are you angry?

You were wrong, get over it. No need to get angry...just make amends.

Why were you guys so ready and eager to pile on in error...but so reluctant to admit the wrong doing?
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cpamike, why are you angry?

You were wrong, get over it. No need to get angry...just make amends. >>

What are you talking about? I never get angry (well except for when I play hockey), life is too short.

And what am I wrong about and what do I need to get over? You are the one with the issue and a serious one at that.

Look at all the other posts. They are all directed at you. I think you are angry and in denial. I think you are the one that needs to make amends for lashing out at anyone who tells you to just relax.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Not angry, or in denial.

It is the people who made the false damaging claims that are in denial.

These people walk into a store, point a gun at the crowd, make no demands on the crowd...and then don't understand that what they did was wrong.

I ask again...

Why were guys so ready and eager to pile on in error...but so reluctant to admit the wrong doing?

Cpamike, where were your counseling words to the people making the witch hunt when it was going on?

Why are you combating with one of the people(me) who was trying to stop the people from harming an innocent man, when they had no clue(and still don't) that what they were doing was indeed harmful???

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Rich:

I warned you . . . There's still time to save yourself the aggravation . . .

• Options
  • Options
    otwcards,

Is your boyfriend on the other side of that palm tree?

Actually, that Simpson cartoon is more appropriate for Flatfoot, LOL.
  • Options

<< <i>Not angry, or in denial.

It is the people who made the false damaging claims that are in denial.

These people walk into a store, point a gun at the crowd, make no demands on the crowd...and then don't understand that what they did was wrong.

I ask again...

Why were guys so ready and eager to pile on in error...but so reluctant to admit the wrong doing?

Cpamike, where were your counseling words to the people making the witch hunt when it was going on?

Why are you combating with one of the people(me) who was trying to stop the people from harming an innocent man, when they had no clue(and still don't) that what they were doing was indeed harmful??? >>

Fact is the buyer has a bad history, I have already stated how I feel about selling to a buyer like that. If my opinion harms your innocent man then so be it. I have not once claimed anything other than my opinion on a buyer with 212 bid retractions. I have no error to admit to. You do not agree, who cares? STFU and move along.

But the more you keep trying to prove your point only keeps the bad taste people may have with this scenerio fresh in their minds, so please continue doing favors for people.
  • Options
    Hhmag,

You claimed other things, and the bid retractions were your basis for it.

From now on, you need to find the history of every person that buys one of your $5 cards. If there is some type of blemish, then you cannot sell to them. Hold yourself to the same standards at least.

The fact that people may still have a 'bad taste' in their mouth, just shows that more work needs to be done on them...
  • Options
  • Options
    Can I play?
  • Options

<< <i>Can I play? >>

With what?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Can I play? >>

With what? >>

Your craziness.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Can I play? >>

With what? >>

Your craziness. >>

Yeah, put your best foot forward. Weren't you the topic of some battles on here before?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>Can I play? >>

With what? >>

Your craziness. >>

Yeah, put your best foot forward. Weren't you the topic of some battles on here before? >>

I don't battle. Maybe that's your problem? This is not the place for that nonsense.
  • Options

I'll post pictures till it annoys you to the point of just going off for the night.
  • Options

<< <i>Hhmag,

You claimed other things, and the bid retractions were your basis for it.

From now on, you need to find the history of every person that buys one of your $5 cards. If there is some type of blemish, then you cannot sell to them. Hold yourself to the same standards at least.

The fact that people may still have a 'bad taste' in their mouth, just shows that more work needs to be done on them... >>

Please enlighten me as to what I claimed. I have been the only person to stand up and say that I have a problem with the seller going through with it. I sure as hell am not gonna try and change my story.

And to be certain, if I knew someone with a history like that was buying I would have no problem cancelling the bids. I do not expect every seller to vet every buyer but when someone gives you the facts and you choose to overlook then you earn no respect from me.
  • Options

<< <i>

Have fun with 'em Rich! You might want to get a ball-peen hammer and smash it repeatedly against your skull. >>

Come on now Scott, about the most recent thing I have seen you post was your dick move to hijack a thread because they had a low post count and accidently posted in more than 1 forum.

This is the best you can do?