Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

PCGS Quarterly Special: April 1 - June 30, 2011

NEW Collectors Club Quarterly Grading Special

From April 1 – June 30, 2011, PCGS Collectors Club Members can take advantage of our new Quarterly Grading Special. For three months (April-June), Collectors Club members can send one submission of three coins for the Regular Secure Plus Service and only pay for two! That’s right – a $45 value, FREE!!
But don’t delay; all orders must be postmarked by June 30, 2011. The offer is valid for Collectors Club members in good standing and only one submission per member (per quarter) is allowed. Click here for details and submission instructions.

2nd Quarter 2011: April 1 – June 30, 2011

Secure Plus Regular Submission Special: Submit three (3) coins and pay for only two (2)
Please follow the guidelines outlined below to ensure your submission is processed in a timely manner.
· Quarterly Special must be submitted on its own submission form
· Choose Secure Plus Regular service level (Services not available on Crossover or ATB 5 oz. submissions. Genuine holders not available under Secure Plus service)
· Notate “Quarterly Special” on the Other service level line
· Include payment for grading fees (two coins), return shipping fee (three coins), and handling fee
· To determine if your coins qualify for the Secure Plus Regular service level, please Click here
· Clearly mark the outside of your package CC Special
· Submission must be postmarked by June 30, 2011

Additional guidelines:
· This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or submission
· One Quarterly Special submission per member per quarter
· Valid for Collector Club members in good standing
· Turnaround time on submission is approximately 20 business days
Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com

Comments

• Options
    TevaTeva Posts: 830
    The CC specials is just another 25% off your purchase deal.
    Maybe they will change it back someday its only 1/4 of its value
    compared to the old specials and inconvenient to try and take advantage of. Maybe june 30???
    Give the laziest man the toughest job and he will find the easiest way to get it done.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    The more they change this, the less I like it.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The more they change this, the less I like it. >>

It would be more tolerable if was submit "at least" 3 coins and get one free.

If I have 5 coins to submit, I have to break it into two orders and the extra shipping and handling charges wipe out the savings of my "freebie" image

• Options
    commoncents05commoncents05 Posts: 10,078 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

If I have 5 coins to submit, I have to break it into two orders and the extra shipping and handling charges wipe out the savings of my "freebie" image >>

I thought you could submit 5 and get one of them free. It doesn't work that way?

-Paul
    Many Quality coins for sale at http://www.CommonCentsRareCoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If I have 5 coins to submit, I have to break it into two orders and the extra shipping and handling charges wipe out the savings of my "freebie" image >>

I thought you could submit 5 and get one of them free. It doesn't work that way?

-Paul >>

No. The freebie is for a single submission of 3 coins.

Submit 4 and it screws up the machine.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I submitted more last quarter and got 1 free in one submission. There was no prob.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    This would be useful if you had 3 coins you wanted in Secure Plus holders, esp. if you were sending in another type submission anyway, even though the CC special has to be on a separate form. PCGS just wants to get people to try the new service. Just like when they were nice enough to give members a free SP grade a month or 2 agoimage-------Eric
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    I held off on sending in my eight coin collector's club renewal so I could see what this special would be. Now that I know, I'm thinking I will send in the coins I had originally intended, eight raw, and then use the special to regrade three. I already know two coins I want in Secure Plus--one I want to make sure is not altered (I don't think it is, but peace of mind is nice), and the other I think could go from MS62 to 62+, which would bump it into the top 20 in the population totals. I still have yet to pick the third, but I'm sure it will be one of my higher value items.
    Improperly Cleaned, Our passion for numismatics is Genuine! Now featuring correct spelling.
  • Options

<< <i>I submitted more last quarter and got 1 free in one submission. There was no prob. >>

So then shouldn't it be labeled submit 2 or more and get 1 free?

Or better yet, perhaps the following should be deleted?

"Additional guidelines:
    · This offer cannot be combined with any other offer or submission"

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like it and won't be able to use use it. My old Barbers don't need no freakin puter scanning. What a shame. I liked the old Specials much better..........
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE free but, sadly, I also doubt I'll be able to use this special.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Reduce cost is reduced cost. Our host is good enough to offer special and some say they aren't good enough.

I say thanks for the deal!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    hiijackerhiijacker Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Reduce cost is reduced cost. Our host is good enough to offer special and some say they aren't good enough.

I say thanks for the deal! >>

the problem is it only works for the very very few who have exactly 3 coins to send. if you have more than 3 to send there is no reduced cost, it actually would cost more.
    Buyer of all vintage Silver Bars. PM me
    Cashback from Mr. Rebates
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Reduce cost is reduced cost. Our host is good enough to offer special and some say they aren't good enough.

I say thanks for the deal! >>

the problem is it only works for the very very few who have exactly 3 coins to send. if you have more than 3 to send there is no reduced cost, it actually would cost more. >>

I suppose PCGS always has the option to discontinue the freebies, but everyone would probably complain about that, too.

I would, also, say send three now, and you can always save the extras for a future batch.

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked the old program much better. But I understand why PCGS changed it.

I don't figure I'll be using it much anymore.
    Lance.
  • Options
    cheezhedcheezhed Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to send in some crossovers with the new special but I will be unable to do so.
    Many happy BST transactions
  • Options
    CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I submitted more last quarter and got 1 free in one submission. There was no prob. >>

I called them specifically to ask if I could submit more on the Q1 special and was told "no".
    Maybe I should have just gone ahead and done it... image

In any case, I agree that the way it's currently structured provides less value than meets
    the eye.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only a few days to use the special if you haven't already done so...

Anyone able to use the quarterly special this quarter??? I wasn't. If you were able to, tell us what you submitted!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed that next quarter's special will be a freebie submission as it was defined pre-2011.

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    I used it for 1 of my 4 memberships.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    seateddimeseateddime Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭
    I not sure on this but I think you don't pay a handling fee on CC submission so you would save another $7 or 8 which makes another 10%

Correct me if I am wrong
    I seldom check PM's but do check emails often jason@seated.org

Buying top quality Seated Dimes in Gem BU and Proof.

Buying great coins - monster eye appeal only.
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    It is amazing to me that apparently no one at PCGS actually does the math on the cc specials. They have never been much of a deal. For as much as grading and the collector club membership costs along with the coin facts, you'd think they would offer "real" specials to the loyal customers.

Honestly I hate looking a gift horse in the mouth, but enough is enough. I ran the math on the cc special savings and in many cases not only do you save almost nothing, but it actually costs you more to "take advantage" of the free specials.

I am not sure why it is so hard for them to reward customers with a real deal. Would it be so hard to just say "on your next order, take off grading fees on one of your submissions!"? No BS, no need for seperate orders, no need to package seperately, just take off 1 grading fee. Not only would this be "real" savings and a "real" "special", but it would encourage people to make submissions. Isn't that the point of the "freebies"?

Most online businesses nowadays has coupon codes that are entered on an order and automatically make the credit. You'd think with PCGS's revenue (didn't they just grade 85k Morgans?), they could afford better application/web developers that could make this happen. When I look at their site, being a web developer myself, it screams, "clean sweep the entire web team and get some fresh blood in here! ESPECIALLY whoever is in charge if it".
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    Notice PCGS is quiet in this thread. I don't think they care about if we like it or not. Its one of the take it or leave it kinda deals
  • Options
    deviousdevious Posts: 1,690

<< <i>It is amazing to me that apparently no one at PCGS actually does the math on the cc specials. They have never been much of a deal. For as much as grading and the collector club membership costs along with the coin facts, you'd think they would offer "real" specials to the loyal customers.

Honestly I hate looking a gift horse in the mouth, but enough is enough. I ran the math on the cc special savings and in many cases not only do you save almost nothing, but it actually costs you more to "take advantage" of the free specials.

I am not sure why it is so hard for them to reward customers with a real deal. Would it be so hard to just say "on your next order, take off grading fees on one of your submissions!"? No BS, no need for seperate orders, no need to package seperately, just take off 1 grading fee. Not only would this be "real" savings and a "real" "special", but it would encourage people to make submissions. Isn't that the point of the "freebies"?

Most online businesses nowadays has coupon codes that are entered on an order and automatically make the credit. You'd think with PCGS's revenue (didn't they just grade 85k Morgans?), they could afford better application/web developers that could make this happen. When I look at their site, being a web developer myself, it screams, "clean sweep the entire web team and get some fresh blood in here! ESPECIALLY whoever is in charge if it". >>

Everytime I want a free grade, I just renew my platinum membership. image And it doesn't have to be packaged separately with my economy submissions! Cool, huh? image
  • Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I not sure on this but I think you don't pay a handling fee on CC submission so you would save another $7 or 8 which makes another 10%

Correct me if I am wrong >>

You're corrected. image
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file