Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ASAP advice

I'm putting cards into card savers to submit to PSA. I'm finding this process really tough and a high risk to damaging cards. Any tips to safely get them in there? The sleeve is so tight that it's tough pushing the card down into it. Thanks!
Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com

Comments

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    What size are you using?

Also, I find it best to stick my fingers into the card saver first and loosen it up before putting the card in.

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    dmurphy3mvpdmurphy3mvp Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What size are you using?

Also, I find it best to stick my fingers into the card saver first and loosen it up before putting the card in.

mathew >>

I'm sitting in my office and actually laughed out loud when I read this even though nobody is here to hear it. I'm not the only one with a dirty mind; just the first to reply to this.

Reed Kasaoka
    Buyer, Baseball Card Exchange

cell: (808) 372-1974
    email: ReedBBCE@gmail.com
    eBay stores: bbcexchange, bbcexchange2, bbcexchange3, bbcexchange4

• Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Hilarious!

But seriously, use a penny sleeve first. Take a knife and cut the side of the penny sleeve open then drop into cardsaver. Shouldn't have any problems.
  • Options
    MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭

<< <i>Also, I find it best to stick my fingers into the card saver first and loosen it up before putting the card in. >>

I'm rolling right now. Funny as hell!image
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    I wrote this being totally serious. But, after re-reading it. That sir is some darn funny stuff!

mathew
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I only use self-lubricating sleeves.
  • Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    Ya know, this board is falling down miserably. Almost 4 hours and no one posted the obligatory "TWSS"???
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    You're right...

<< <i>The sleeve is so tight that it's tough pushing the card down into it >>

That's what she said? image
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    This thread is worthless without pictures...

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I won't say your minds are in the gutter. Truth is you need a stepladder to reach the gutter.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph