Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1889 Snow 4 Re-punched date and Misplaced Denticles

tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
Picked up in a town I was driving through on my way home from work yesterday. The misplaced digits in the denticles is what grabbed my attention. I did not notice the re-punched date until I got home even though it is very apparent. Paid $55 for it

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    cool coin. Looks XF+++ish.

I've always liked the misplaced date in the denticles on these.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Tdec1000Tdec1000 Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭
    You will be surprised how high that coin grades. Probably an au58 but if there is no apparent wear than 63/64 br!
    Awarded the coveted "You Suck" Award on 22 Oct 2010 for finding a 1942/1 D Dime in silver, and on 7 Feb 2011 Cherrypicking a 1914 MPL Cent on Ebay!

Successful BST Transactions!SIconbuster, Meltdown, Mission16, slothman2000, RGjohn, braddick, au58lover, allcoinsrule, commemdude, gerard, lablade, PCcoins, greencopper, kaz, tydye, cucamongacoin, mkman123, SeaEaglecoins, Doh!, AnkurJ, Airplanenut, ArizonaJack, JJM,Tee135,LordMarcovan, Swampboy, piecesofme, Ahrensdad,
  • Options
    tydyetydye Posts: 3,894 ✭✭✭
    I am not sure if I am submitting the indian yet - probably not worth the submission price. But I would be very surprised if it was graded less than a 58. In hand looks 63/64 like tdec says. I knew I paid a little steep for it but was hoping the misplaced date in the denticles would offset it. And was very happy when I found out it was a re-punched date as well.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

I was basing my grade on the apparent wear on the ribbon, hair under the ribbon, and hints of luster. I guess I could see it as mid-AU. Nice overall anyhoo.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would send it in I'll go AU58 /MS62BR nice coin. image

Hoard the keys.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file