Home Sports Talk

Who will throw a no-hitter this season?

I say Felix Hernandez, John Lester, or maybe Josh Johnson. What say you?

Comments

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably some rookie prospect that no one outside of the organization he plays for knows by name! One of those guys with a "P" on the cap might have a pretty good shot!
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Matt Garza, Zach Grienke.

Both guys find out just how much easier it is to pitch in the NL.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm predicting double digits for the Phillies staff. image
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm predicting double digits for the Phillies staff. image >>

When I said "P" on the cap I may have been talking about the Pirates!! imageimage
  • lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭
    one of the two A's lefties...either Brett Anderson or Gio Gonzalez. If it's Gonzalez it definitely won't be a perfect game since he'll walk 4.7 hitters.
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Halladay
  • jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    there will be no no-hitters this year.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<there will be no no-hitters this year.>>>

After doing a little research, I was surprised to learn that there have been 5 seasons in the last 30 years that didn't have a single no-hitter thrown. I would have thought that number would have been 1 or 2.
  • Kershaw!
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    Dice-K - 2 of them
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    Lots of great pitchers never come close to throwing no-hitters because of thier style. If I'm thinking about guys who, when at thier best, can be truly unhittable, its a pretty short list. Halladay, Ubaldo Jimenez, Feliz Hernandez, Lincecum, Kershaw.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Matt Garza, Zach Grienke.

Both guys find out just how much easier it is to pitch in the NL. >>

I guess you've already forgotten how the WS and All-Star game turned out last year.... I think what you meant to say was "Both guys find out just how much BETTER the pitching already is in the NL"
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Anyone pitching against the Rays apparently.