Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

dont bother looking no one likes jeffersons

I bought a nice Jefferson Keelboat proof around xmas, and with all the talk about fakes I was like
no way anyone would fake a Jefferson but the price I paid was wayyyyyyyyyy low, so I checked the cert
and the cert was good and then directed me to Teletrade for price realized on the coin.

wowimageimageimage

do the work yourself if you want to know: edit (I paid $30 with free ship) and it sold for 450 on TT and book is 350
not sure why I got it for $30 bucks but i did buy it 12/24/2010 at 8pm

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill

Comments

• Options
    pontiacinfpontiacinf Posts: 8,915 ✭✭
    geesh no one appreciates Jeffersons anymore

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, I appreciated one of those in my change from Burger King today! Well, not as nice as that one, but still...

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    and I appreciate your comment Baley-you rock

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    speetyspeety Posts: 5,424
    Crap I looked image

Nice buy! image
    Want to buy an auction catalog for the William Hesslein Sale (December 2, 1926). Thanks to all those who have helped us obtain the others!!!

• Options
    aj2525raj2525r Posts: 120 ✭✭
    I like Jeffs and have a lot of them.

None as nice as that one.

Good pick up!
    I still call my accumulation my collection!
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I looked too. Still, nice image
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    pretty sure you could buy a 2004 proof set for less then 30$ and the coin inside would look just like the one in your fancy plastic plus you would get a bunch of other near perfect coins for your trouble. Makes your 30$ look a little high IMHO
  • Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would I look at this? IDK but I did. image
    Cool looking coin for a real cool price. image
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I like the price you paid better than the price the other guy paid. I admit i have mine in proof 69.image
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    djdilliodondjdilliodon Posts: 1,938 ✭✭
    I opened this thread thinking im gonna see pics of some mind blowing colorful jeffersons or some super high grade ones pre 1964 and I get a modern 70 proof!?!?!????!!!! In either case nice score on the profit, now buy a really nice pre 64 with it image
  • Options
    Nice one! I like how frosty it is. I'd pay a few bucks more for the numbers on the label, for sure! I need to look on eBay more often. image
  • Options
    ecichlidecichlid Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭
    Oh look! It's a Jefferson with a different reverse! image
    There is no "AT" or "NT". We only have "market acceptable" or "not market acceptable.
  • Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

<< <i>(I paid $30 with free ship) and it sold for 450 on TT and book is 350 >>

atta boy image
  • Options
    Lehigh96Lehigh96 Posts: 685 ✭✭✭
    I love Jeffersons but only really collect the older Jeffs (1938-1964). Anyway, nice score!
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://stores.ebay.com/Lehigh-Coins">LEHIGH COINS on E-Bay
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job nice coin at a good price. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    thanks guys, now I feel better. I understand everyones opinion about buying the recent modern 70's
    but for 30 bucks I couldnt pass. It just beats me why someone would pay 450 and get rid of it so quick and so cheap.

Go BIG or GO HOME. ©Bill
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>not sure why I got it for $30 bucks but i did buy it 12/24/2010 at 8pm >>

Not sure why you got it for $30? ... Everyone was wrapping presents, not buying coins. image
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice pick up
  • Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bought two for $25.00. Got ya beat!!image
    The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    garrynotgarrynot Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

I looked! Aaahhh!!

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I get you right, you fliped this through teletrade, that is so cool, you go boyyyyyy.

Your Right nobody like Jeffersons anyway, I remember the days of Bid Boards and Friday
    nights were when the board closed and the place would be packed and everyone was
    scurring around, and on more than one occasion I'd get talking to someone and they would
    ask, "so what do you collect" and I'd say "Jeffersons" and they would propmply & politely
    excuse themselfs and get as far away from me like I had the plague.

Anyways I think it was Pe`le who said "Jeffersons have been Berry Berry good to me"
    OR SOMTHING LIKE THAT, who knows, correct me if you mustimage
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya made me look! Nice Jefferson!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file