Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Grading Opinions #2

While we are providing opinions on raw cards, any opinions on the attached graded card offered on eBay for $56? This is a tough common which tends to be mis-cut. A PSA 8 could probably fetch $56. But check out the red. It is way off and the card seems out of focus as well. Can a color be that out of place and the card still garner an 8?

1976 Topps #10 Anderson

Comments

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭

<< <i>While we are providing opinions on raw cards, any opinions on the attached graded card offered on eBay for $56? This is a tough common which tends to be mis-cut. A PSA 8 could probably fetch $56. But check out the red. It is way off and the card seems out of focus as well. Can a color be that out of place and the card still garner an 8?

1976 Topps #10 Anderson >>

Link

Yeah, that's awful IMO.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    Sorry about the link. Not sure how to link properly. Item # is 5642fc2838
  • Options
    Sorry bking for messing this up. This may be the Item # 370491009080. It's a 1976 Topps Football #10 Ken Anderson. - Kevin M.

• Options
    bkingbking Posts: 3,095 ✭✭
    I fixed it above... Yeah, not what I call 8-worthy.
    ----------------------
    Working on the following: 1970 Baseball PSA, 1970-1976 Raw, World Series Subsets PSA, 1969 Expansion Teams PSA, Fleer World Series Sets, Texas Rangers Topps Run 1972-1989
    ----------------------

Successful deals to date: thedudeabides,gameusedhoop,golfcollector,tigerdean,treetop,bkritz, CapeMOGuy,WeekendHacker,jeff8877,backbidder,Salinas,milbroco,bbuckner22,VitoCo1972,ddfamf,gemint,K,fatty macs,waltersobchak,dboneesq
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I've found that '76 Ken Anderson card to be tough to find in high grade. It's located on the corner of the uncut sheet.

The one posted above has really bad registration. It s/b a
    PSA 8 (of), although I don't see PSA handing out that qualifier anymore.
  • Options
    Thanks, cardbender. It is a very difficult card. The corner of the uncut sheet would make sense because so many are cut very badly. I wish PSA would use the (of) qualifier. (I did not know that they even had one.) I have many 8's, 9's and even 10's that are out of focus or off-register. You don't want to put them in your set and you can't sell them for anything either.