Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    Thanks,

Just bought one.

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    richtreerichtree Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭
    can you search via the Groupon site ?
    Buying:
    Topps White Out (silver) letters Alex Gordon
    80 Topps Greg Pryor “No Name"
    90 ProSet Dexter Manley error
    90 Topps Jeff King Yellow back
    1958 Topps Pancho Herrera (no“a”)
    81 Topps Art Howe (black smear above hat)
    91 D A. Hawkins BC-12 “Pitcher”
  • Options
    Thanks, grabbed one as well.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the head's up.....got one. image
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Awesome!.... $8 for free as far as I'm concerned!

Thanks!

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    DUH!! No Canada...
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Usually when I buy from Groupon I just click buy now and it has everything on file. For some reason with this deal you have to re-enter all your information, including your password, even if you are already logged in. Very strange. I am changing my password to be safe.
  • Options
    I grabbed one too. Thank you so much! image
    "It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it."
    - John Wooden
  • Options
    BarfvaderBarfvader Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭✭
    Good read at how people are using this deal HERE.

So far the thread there has 939 replies with over 50,000 views.

• Options

<< <i>Good read at how people are ABusing this deal HERE.

So far the thread there has 939 replies with over 50,000 views. >>

fixed it for ya image

---------------------------------------------
    Authorized wholesale dealer for BCW, if you need any supplies let me know and I will get you a quote
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    Just purchased one too. Thanks for the info and hope there are no problems.
  • Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    If you use my referral link for your first purchase I get $10 credit: http://www.groupon.com/r/uu26361850

Thanks!
  • Options
    onefasttalononefasttalon Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭
    Hmmm.... nearly 3 hours later and still no confirmation email from Groupon, nor is it showing up in "my groupons"

I've bought mult 'deals' in the past w/out a problem. Hope this isn't too good to be true. image

ALWAYS Looking for Chris Sabo cards!

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I think it said it could take up to 48 hours.
  • Options
    corvette1340corvette1340 Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭
    I use groupon a lot and have negotiated groupon deals for some of my clients as well. For some reason mine isn't showing up and I haven't gotten an email either. It says some kind of error in processing my card, is anyone else getting this?
  • Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭
    Went ahead and bought one for myself and one for my wife.

I have taken advantage of slickdeals before like this and used and abused the hell out of them but I wouldn't be shocked if they somehow limit one groupon per eBay account and all of a sudden some of these fools have 300+ coupons to use.

Best slick deal ever was FYE had some promo for $5 off any order. Well I was buying $10 gift cards for $5 a pop and paying for them with prior gift cards. Got up to about $800 worth of them before the system got so bogged down it wasn't worth it. Went into the store and cashed them in before they killed all the gift cards bought in this manner. image
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Hey guys, just got my email with the link to print my groupon coupon.

Thanks again xbaggypants!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    arexarex Posts: 999
    Just purchased mine.
    Thanks for the heads up. This coupon makes cheap wax even, well, cheaper!
  • Options
    ga5150ga5150 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭
    It took my confirmation 3-4 hours to arrive, but it did come in. Be patient folks, it'll be there!

Rodney
  • Options
    Mine arrived too image
  • Options

<< <i>Good read at how people are using this deal HERE.

So far the thread there has 939 replies with over 50,000 views. >>

What's the scam on this one? I read about five minutes of that thread before getting a headache. People apparently are signing up for fake Groupon address with gmail and hotmail alias accounts (I assume using the same credit card) and referring themselves on each purchase and racking up dozens of purchases to try to use multiple coupons at the same time?

• Options
    ^ yep. There are a few ways I think. One C.C. using a virtual number. Then some link the 2nd purchase to the 1st acct. to get a referral reward of $3 Read elsewhere it was $10.

They say you can stack them as well. Here's a screen shot a member on another site provided.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yeah I had about an hour of downtime this evening and figured I would try and order a bunch with a different virtual CC # each time and using the gmail email address trick. (Basically if your email is ccu@gmail.com you can fool the system into thinking you are using a different email by using ccu+1@gmail.com or ccu+2@gmail.com etc. the + and any number or letter will route to your primary gmail addy)

I have around 50 pending orders right now. We shall see if they get delivered since you can stack multiple ones on a single eBay purchase. I believe up to $200 worth at 1 time.
  • Options
    matthewbschultz83matthewbschultz83 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭
    I bought one and my girlfriend with our own Credit Cards. Can I use hers on a purchase for me that I'm also using my coupon?
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
  • Options

<< <i>I have around 50 pending orders right now. We shall see if they get delivered since you can stack multiple ones on a single eBay purchase. I believe up to $200 worth at 1 time. >>

If these work as gift cards (as they appear to), then you can only use up to 10 per transaction. (It's 10 gift cards or $500 max, whichever comes first)
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
    I just bought 4. This will work well with the $300 in ebay bucks I have coming.
  • Options
    'Groupon' just has the 'ick' factor to it. I can see the deals, doing the multi email address thing, but the 'ick' factor would remain. I can't do it. Could they not have named the company different and made it less icky.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I have around 50 pending orders right now. We shall see if they get delivered since you can stack multiple ones on a single eBay purchase. I believe up to $200 worth at 1 time. >>

If these work as gift cards (as they appear to), then you can only use up to 10 per transaction. (It's 10 gift cards or $500 max, whichever comes first) >>

People have been stacking up to $300 on one transaction I believe. So far I haven't bought anything over $176 but I was able to stack more than 10 to pay for it in full
  • Options
    Well this show is over. I hope some others on here got to take full advantage of this promo. I ended up with just north of 130 $15 gift cards off this.
  • Options
    AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Man I was sure eBay was going to pull a fast one and enforce the one code per account per their terms of service but appears everyone is getting away with it. The quarter actually ended tonight at midnight so the conspiracy theory is that they will cancel these orders but still log them on their first quarter earnings but at this point with people already receiving items purchased with the groupon gift cards, I don't see that happening.
  • Options

<< <i>Man I was sure eBay was going to pull a fast one and enforce the one code per account per their terms of service but appears everyone is getting away with it. The quarter actually ended tonight at midnight so the conspiracy theory is that they will cancel these orders but still log them on their first quarter earnings but at this point with people already receiving items purchased with the groupon gift cards, I don't see that happening. >>

Yeah I don't either. I have spent all of the ones that I have received and am waiting to get around 30 final ones and then they can't touch what I got from Groupon.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

If these work as gift cards (as they appear to), then you can only use up to 10 per transaction. (It's 10 gift cards or $500 max, whichever comes first) >>

People have been stacking up to $300 on one transaction I believe. So far I haven't bought anything over $176 but I was able to stack more than 10 to pay for it in full >>

For the life of me I can no longer find the part in the ebay policy where it says you can only use up to ten codes per transaction. I swear on my Ripken collection that it used to be that way. They still limit it to $500 per transaction, but they must have removed the 'ten codes per transaction' limitation.

EVERY ONE of my ebay purchases are made using gift cards, because I can buy them (in a round-about way) from my local grocery store and earn discounts on fuel. So I consider myself pretty experienced when it comes to these things. I always have to make sure I buy $50 cards instead of $25 cards, when I'm buying something over $250.

Anyway... maybe they changed the policy for this Groupon deal. Who knows...