Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Somebody was asleep at the wheel.....

check out this listing - ebay - and see how many errors you can find (I'm talking strictly about the encapsulated coin)
Cecil
Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'

Comments

• Date error is obvious. I think these guys do their own "grading" image
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • somebody was on auto-pilot when they made the listing - used the info on the slab and never even looked at the coin in the slab.... wonder if the bidders are doing the same or if they have actually looked at the coin in the slab?
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seller is a known "quantity" on fleaBay for many reasons more than one.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the big deal?

He just typed the wrong date onto his coin holder.

At least he got the country right.

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,892 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With 126,000+ completed auctions, he was overdue to make his first mistake.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • NNC. What a joke! I'm seen VF-20s slabbed as MS-64 by these crooks.
  • I am not sure they are crooks. They do a lot of business - and have good coins for sale. If you ignore their grade on a slab, you can buy a very nice coin for a decent price.
  • wybritwybrit Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭
    Bought three pieces from the seller, returned one. One actually slabbed at PCGS at the same grade, believe it or not.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.

• << <i>I am not sure they are crooks. They do a lot of business - and have good coins for sale. If you ignore their grade on a slab, you can buy a very nice coin for a decent price. >>

I have to agree. I have purchased coins from them, and been pleased. Buy the coin not the slab......

Chris

Successful BST transactions with:CollectorsCoins, farthing, Filacoins, LordMarcovan, Duki, Spoon, Jinx86, ubercollector, hammered54
    LochNess and ProfHaroldHill

• I have bought from them as well. They can't grade, but they do have some decent coins from time to time. One should beware of cleaned coins, though - they do not always mention it on the holder if a coin is cleaned or scratched. This particular error is not the first that I have seen - last year I saw a holder where they had actually reversed "MS" so that it said "SM" image

Marcel
    Ebay user name: 00MadMuffin00