Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

How to sell

I do not know if I am even in the right place but here goes. I have an inherited coin collection which I know nothing about. But there are a lot of PCGS slabs. I see what the values are, but how do I know what the sell price should be? In todays economy the coins are really no good to me. Thanks for any help

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭

You are in the right place. Some pictures and descriptions of the coins would help for starters.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can make up a list or take a decent photo of what you have, I'm sure you'd get plenty of people willing to provide you some more information and probably some others making offers on the coins. Of course some of those offers will likely be lowball offers and others may be fair offers. If you're not in a hurry, buying a copy of the Guide Book for U.S. Coins (aka the Redbook) will give you some general information and help you find out which are the better date coins and will give you a rough ballpark for values. For better market values on the slabbed coins, search eBay completed listings, completed listings on Teletrade.com and completed listings on ha.com as those results will show you what collectors are paying for similar items.

Best of luck!

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    with no references, you may have some difficulty getting people to commit to a transaction with you
  • Options
    Thanks for the info so far. Maybe later this week I can get some pics. But for a couple of examples.
    PCGS MS 66, series 47 1988-D Kennedy Half #6754.66/60067208
    PCGS PR69DCAM series 47PR Kennedy Half #96833.69/2760202
    I can find the values on the PCGS site, just need to know fair market value of PCGS values. 10%, 20%? Thanks
  • Options
    In my experience, the best idea of what people will pay for coins in on eBay. Check "completed listings" and see what other coins have sold for. PCGS and Red Book prices are very innacurate, and are almost always overpriced.