Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Shipping to Canada and overseas. Here's how one seller puts it :+)

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS LIMITED POSTAL INSURANCE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND THE MAXIMUM INDEMNITY IN CASE OF LOSS, BY REGISTERED MAIL IS ONLY ABOUT $ 48.
DUE TO LOSSES IN THE SENDING OF COINS TO GERMANY, ALL PACKAGES SENT TO GERMANY MUST BE BY INSURED MAIL AT A MINIMUM COST OF $ 35 PER PACKAGE.

IF YOU ARE UNWILING TO PAY THIS PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE AS I AM TIRED OF PAYING FOR CLAIMS FOR PEOPLE WHO CLAIM THAT THEY NEVER RECEIVED THEIR ITEMS AND ARE FORCING EBAY TO HAVE ME PAY FOR THE ITEM.

MANY PACKAGES HAVE BEEN DELAYED OR TIED UP IN CUSTOMS LATELY, AND I CANNOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF ONCE MAILED, YOUR ITEM DOES NOT ARRIVE IN A TIMELY MANNER. THANK YOU FOR YOUR UNDERSTANDING.

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL INTERNATIONAL ITEMS ARE SENT AT YOUR RISK, SUBJECT TO POST OFFICE REGULATIONS. IF YOUR ITEM DOES NOT ARRIVE IN A TIMELY MANNER, I CAN FILE A TRACER, BUT THIS WILL TAKE A MINIMUM OF 90 DAYS TO COMPLETE. I HAVE NO, REPEAT NO CONTROL OVER THE UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE.

WE FOCUS ON EXCELLENT CUSTOMER CARE AND PRIDE OURSELVES ON OUR MANY REPEAT BUYERS. IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES OR CONCERNS ABOUT YOUR PURCHASE, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AND WE WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER YOU THE SAME GREAT CUSTOMER CARE. WE WILL BEND OVER BACKWARDS TO MAKE YOU HAPPY.

***PAYMENT***

1. We do not accept PayPal
No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
It's just that I got my PCGS grades.

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something tells me he's tired of being screwed with image
  • Options
    The situation does seem to be getting worse but you do have to look at it from the buyer side as well. I do occassional sell but I'm predominatly a buyer and I'll buy from wherever the material comes up. Is this just a US problem because we don't see this problem trading within europe. I won a British half pence from a seller in the States three weeks ago and it hasn't arrived yet. The coin was listed at $0.99 with postage of $15.00 to the UK, now the coin had seen plenty of circulation and I won it for $0.99. The seller reduced the postage to just under $8 with the option of insurance for about $3 I guess out of embarrassment. Still $8 to the UK stings but who would insure a $0.99 coin. Ok it's probably a $100-200 coin but I'd only get the $0.99. If it doesn't arrive I'll just take the $9 on the chin.
  • Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭
    I've dealt with that particular seller before. It was a very unpleasant customer service experience and I won't go back. That said, I have sympathy for sellers in general in this bind.
    "The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭
    I understand how the guy feels, I have been burned by enough overseas buyers to be sick of it. It seems like most of my problems are related to Italian shipping, so I no longer allow bids from Italy. It seems to me that Italy is a country full of thievs (if you live in Italy and are reading this I am sorry, but your postal service sucks).

It the problem spreads to other countries I may require that all overseas bidders pay $34.00 for Express Mail International, but I am sure that will cost me a lot of sales.

Having said all of that, I am not sure how much of the problem is with the Italian buyers and how much of it is with the crappy Italian Postal service. I do want all of my customers to get what they ordered and to be happy with it and I can fully understand how they feel when they don't get something.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a buyer from Italy who filed a non-delivery claim with PPal on the 20th day after the auction ended, PPal promptly freezes about $60. I emailed him asking to check with his local customs office and included the customs package number from the customs form. On day 34 he leaves positive feedback stating the package arrived OK but doesn't close the claim with PPal. I emailed him again asking him to close the claim so I can have my money now that he has his item. 10 days now with no response. PPal states the buyer has to close the claim or I need to wait for 2 more weeks for a "non response from buyer" action to close the claim and get my money.

This is my third charge back event in over 3000 sales: 1 from USA, 1 from Brazil, and 1 from Italy. There are crooks and jerks all around the world.
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options

<< <i>
    This is my third charge back event in over 3000 sales: 1 from USA, 1 from Brazil, and 1 from Italy. There are crooks and jerks all around the world. >>

That is very true, but my experience has been better by far with nations like Russia, China and even Iran than it has been with Italy.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    jt88jt88 Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like this part

"***PAYMENT***

1. We do not accept PayPal "

• Options

<< <i>I like this part

"***PAYMENT***

1. We do not accept PayPal " >>

AMEM!!!!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    ALL bidders of missing mail will be blocked from future bidding do (due) to the fact I can produce proof of mailing , they cannot prove not receiving - from the same seller.

I have an unwritten policy of banning any bidder who blames me for delays in receipt caused by their country's postal system and/or customs problems. While 99+% of international buyers are good folks and understand the problems involved with shipping overseas, this ebay/PayPal policy completely rewards the scammer and punishes the seller by forcing him/her to raise their shipping prices. Over $30 to ship a >$250 item with proof of delivery is ridiculous.

How do you get away with not offering PayPal anyway? I've never taken the time to look into this and probably should.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options

<< <i>How do you get away with not offering PayPal anyway? >>

By offering another online payment method- a merchant cc account, for example.