Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1069 O-Pee-Chee Deckles / Need some information

I posted this on the Community Message Board and got no responses so I am hoping someone here can share some information on the 1969 O-Pee-Chee Deckles set. I by chance found a very nice one (Curt Flood) in a box of older baseball cards I had and sent it in to PSA with my last order. What do know but it received a Gem Mint 10 grade. Is this a highly collectable set? Anyone had experience buying/selling them and if so what might the realistic value be for a PSA 10. There have been over 400 O-Pee-Chee Deckles graded with only four PSA 10's given. I ask because I have had a couple contacts from interested collectors after I posted my PSA order results on the Set Registry message board last week. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    A) I don't think that there is a huge Registry following / competition for this specific set.
    B) I don't think Curt Flood has a huge following.

It is a very rare, condition sensitive set.

From VCP, two of the other PSA 10s sold for between $110 - $295 in 2007. I don't think that there has been a huge upswing in market prices during that time. The last Flood PSA 9 sold for $10.50 in 2009. Even this year, a Maury Wills PSA 9 didn't even make $30.

If you got lucky, I think you could get $200 for the card.

Just my thoughts
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the information. You definitely did some investigation on the topic that I appreciate.