Home Precious Metals

First time for Everything!!!

USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been picking up a little silver here and there every week from my local dealer (mostly 90%), for the first time ever - he was out of EVERYTHING! No silver of any kind available.... He said it is flying out the door.

I know it is no surprise to most here, but it is the first time I seen it there...

Comments

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yes, this managed metals promotion is going very well for the organizers! Plenty of conspiracy theories, plenty of "this time it's different", increasing press coverage.

Look for metals to continue to appear on magazine covers, look for higher prices and "decreased supply" for a while, until everyone is dancing around the chairs.

When the music stops (ideally, right before) grab a chair and laugh all the way to the bank!

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• WeissWeiss Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This time it is different. This time there are approximately 1.6 billion Chinese who are not only allowed to buy precious metals--they're actually being encouraged to buy them. Perhaps just as important: they can actually afford to buy them.

The results may not ultimately be different. Only time will tell. But the circumstances are undeniably different.
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same way with my local guy. He has gotten maybe five Christmas rounds in the last three weeks.
    Looks like I may have to start looking elsewhere, and paying much higher premiums.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jack Hunt is selling the 5-coin sets of 5 ozers right now for a very reasonable premium.

This time there are approximately 1.6 billion Chinese who are not only allowed to buy precious metals--they're actually being encouraged to buy them.

There's a reason for that as well. Actually, several reasons.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.