Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

Help and History on a few coins

Went "picking" last weekend and found a couple coins that I have no information on (or can't find) in Krause

1.) the first coin is about the size of a nickel...thin planchet...on one side it says Wilhelm Broicher, Bad Neuenahr with a 10 in the middle, and on the other side it says Kleingeldersatzmarke with a 10 in the middle....Im assuming this is "homemade" or very regional coinage but I don't have a date or any information on this

2.) the second coin is from China, its a 10 Cash with the Dragon in the middle but at the top says F. K. Custom House, I dont have any information on this coin either....and to be honest I suck at trying to identify Chinese coins in the Krause, im not that talented.

Any Information on either one would be welcome...thanks
theres no such thing as a stupid question is there?

Comments

• SapyxSapyx Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #1 is a German notgeld token. Bad Neuenahr is a small spa town in western Germany, Wilhelm Broicher is the name of the individual who issued it, and "kleingeldersatzmarke" literally translates to "small change substitute token". These notgeld tokens typically date from during or just after the first World War. The Coffey notgeld checklist very generally lists "private metal" notgeld from this town in the "most common" rarity grade.

#2 is from the province named "Fu kien" in the Krauses, listed as either KM/Y# 97 or 97.1, depending on the size of the two side-characters on the obverse.
    Waste no more time arguing what a good man should be. Be one.
    Roman emperor Marcus Aurelius, "Meditations"

Apparently I have been awarded one DPOTD. B)
  • Thankyou...very interesting.
    theres no such thing as a stupid question is there?