Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Hi All,

I am a long time reader, and a first time poster. I wanted to thank each of you for your contributions to the hobby. Greg and I have communicated recently through email, and I look forward to all of your insight in the future.

I live in Bismarck, ND and I am a CPA here (so if anyone needs tax advice let me know image ). I have a wife who is a stay at home mom and 3 little angels as well (currently 8, 4, and 1 and 1/2). I am a HOF collector, and I currently have 40 autographs to go to complete a HOF set. I love the idea of having a collection that will literally never end, and something I can pass on for generations. Because I am the sole provider for my family, I collect on any medium. Since cuts tend to be the cheapest way to get a signature, that's usually what I focus on. Finding an authentic signature is all I care about. I focus on getting autographs 3 ways - either certified through PSA/DNA (or JSA), certified cards, and TTM. Although a majority of my cards are not PSA/DNA certified when it's all said and done all of them will be.

Here is my big 40 I have left. I have one incoming, and one big one outstanding with PSA right now. I'll keep you guys updated as I have some incoming. Even though with the last 40 it'll be few and far between, it'll be a fun ride! Some will be easy, some will be difficult, and some will be near impossible. Doing it on a budget will be even more challenging, but I won't stop trying until I'm gone!!

George Allen

Charles W. Bidwill, Sr.

Joe Carr
Guy Chamberlin
Earl (Dutch) Clark
Jimmy Conzelman

Richard Dent
John (Paddy) Driscoll

Albert Glen (Turk) Edwards

Jim Finks
Len Ford
Benny Friedman

Joe Guyon

George Halas
Ed Healey
Wilbur (Pete) Henry
Arnie Herber
Bill Hewitt
Robert (Cal) Hubbard

Henry Jordan

Walt Kiesling

Earl (Curly) Lambeau
Alphonse (Tuffy) Leemans
William Roy (Link) Lyman

Tim Mara
George Preston Marshall
John (Blood) McNally
Mike Michalske
Wayne Millner

Earle (Greasy) Neale

Steve Owen

Fritz Pollard

Hugh (Shorty) Ray
Dan Reeves
Les Richter

Joe Stydahar

Jim Thorpe

Bob Waterfield
Rayfield Wright

Reading through these 180 pages had a couple concerns I'm hoping you can help me with.

1) Sid Luckman - I got this many years ago TTM. Is there any way it's real? (This will be one of my first to PSA when I have some extra funds

2) I nearly cried with this. I never knew his checks ever had a problem. Opinions on mine (the top is only cutoff because of the scanner):

3) A long time ago I purchased a signed Paul Brown book - the auto was on a nameplate. The signature always looked too perfect to be real - does anyone know if he AP these at all? If you turn it around it was definately a different ink that the border was done in, but there are no dot marks or antyhing noticeable to tell if it's a marker or not. I have seen nameplates that were similar but vary slightly (ie the line under his name was different). I was just curious if anyone knew if he autopenned at all or not.
Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt

Comments

• divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image to the boards...

I'm sorry I can't help much with the autos, but I'm sure there are others that can or at least will have an opinion.

Good luck with your collection and looking forward to seeing how it comes along.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What Donato said +1

Steve
    Good for you.
  • MBMiller25MBMiller25 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards!
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, hello, how are ya? image

That's an impressive list of autographs you are seeking. Lots of autograph people here. I'm sure you will get some good advice.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards. Gets bumpy once in a while, but mostly pretty smooth sailing.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Welcome to the Jungle !!image
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Welcome to the boards ... I'm also an autograph collector, but can't help you out with those. Stay active and you will have a good time and learn a lot. I know I have.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.