Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Help Wanted - Western North Carolina

Hello Darksiders! What started as a small eBay business in my home-office ten years ago has turned into a booming enterprise. I am looking for a NUMISMATIST familiar with darkside as well as US coins and good computer skills to manage a brick and mortar store and e-commerce operation in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina. We are located in a small town just fifteen minutes east of Asheville and life here is pretty low stress. We currently have a staff of six full-time and one part time employees, so people skills are essential. The successful applicant must have good grading skills and be able to evaluate and purchase material that comes into the shop. Interested individuals should PM me with a contact phone number.
danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."

Comments

• Options
    HTubbsHTubbs Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭
    How close is your shop to Franklin?
  • Options

Dang, you had me right up until "people skills are essential". image

Seriously, I would love to give that a try, if only we lived a little closer.
  • Options
    danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How close is your shop to Franklin? >>

According to MapQuest, it's 84 miles. Seriously though, I would imagine that whoever takes the position would have to relocate to be near the shop image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • Options
    It's the "Dead King" already up that way??image
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    WWWWWW Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭

A numismatist with people skills is a very difficult combination and a rare animal indeed.
    But the fact that you are hiring is a very good sign. Congratulations. image
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's the "Dead King" already up that way?? >>

Ye Dead King already works for the competition.

If I still lived in the Asheville area, I'd certainly consider it, Dan, but ladymarcovan will probably never agree to leave SE GA.

We'll be in Black Mtn in July for a visit, though, most likely.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    I'm not looking for a job. I'd just like to be on the payroll for a couple
    of days of cherry picking image

That's a great area you're in, seriously. You should have no trouble.

Good luck!
    No,no- the kids and the cat are all right honey.
    It's just that I got my PCGS grades.
  • Options
    AmigoAmigo Posts: 966

Ive spent a lot of times in the Mountains around Asheville while training in the Army back in the 70's. A bee-utiful spot that brings back a lot of memories. If I wasn't so busy being my own boss, I'd be tempted.
  • Options
    pendragon1998pendragon1998 Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that's tempting. A fun job in one of the most beautiful areas of the country. If they ever toss me out of the Ph.D. program out here, I'll give you a ring!
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭✭
    Very tempting!!

Paid expenses to travel to Canadian shows? (RCNA, Torex x3, Nuphilex, etc.)
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    With as many full time staff wouldn't it be prudent to promote from within ? Send'em on a course etc ..

It's a fantastic offer , i'd be all over it but i couldn't grade my granny ..so..
  • Options

<< <i>With as many full time staff wouldn't it be prudent to promote from within ? Send'em on a course etc .. >>

I have a great staff, but nobody with the coin experience. As someone once told me, all you need to be a good grader is a Redbook and forty years of experience looking at coins image
    danglen

My Website

• Options

<< <i>It's a fantastic offer , i'd be all over it but i couldn't grade my granny ..so.. >>

We don't sell a lot of grannys image
    danglen

My Website

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>It's a fantastic offer , i'd be all over it but i couldn't grade my granny ..so.. >>

We don't sell a lot of grannys image >>

See, James, your fears were unfounded. Go for it. image
  • Options
    AethelredAethelred Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Ye Dead King already works for the competition.
    >>

Friendly competition! We get along well and I always enjoy seeing Dan when he comes by or we see him at shows.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    1987-C Hendersonville Road
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options

<< <i>We don't sell a lot of grannys >>

It all boils down to how you display them. Have them hold a plate of fresh baked cookies and you'll sell out your granny inventory before you know it.
    If you are in the Western North Carolina area, please consider visiting our coin shop:

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It all boils down to how you display them. Have them hold a plate of fresh baked cookies and you'll sell out your granny inventory before you know it. >>

hmmm . . . I guess it's true what I hear about you Southern Rednecks.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>It all boils down to how you display them. Have them hold a plate of fresh baked cookies and you'll sell out your granny inventory before you know it. >>

hmmm . . . I guess it's true what I hear about you Southern Rednecks. >>

You are thinking of 1st cousins, not grannys!

WNC Coins, LLC
    Asheville, NC 28803

wnccoins.com
  • Options
    ttt
    danglen

My Website