Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Your Best Ebay Buy of the Month?

So what is your best pick-up on Ebay this month. I am finding it harder and harder to find nice PSA 9's that I need and can find on Ebay to bid on for my set registry. It seems that BIN auctions are outnumbering regular auctions by about 9 to 1. So lately I have been checking out the BINs and making some offers that I feel are reasonable. I do not ask them to stop their auction but offer if their item doesn't sell by the end of the listing, perhaps they would consider my offer. I offer to pay by check if they wish and this will save them over 10% in Ebay and Paypal fees. I have had a couple nice pick-ups lately. My best pick-up for March is a very nice 1965 Topps #3 AL HR Leaders in PSA 9 featuring Mantle, Killebrew and Powell. Very nicely centered and actually had a reasonable BIN at $400 seeing that the SMR lists it at $525. I made an offer when the card didn't sell at the end of the listing...the seller accepted and I am pleased to add a card I've wanted but haven't wanted to pay the prices that it has been listed for on Ebay in the past. I find that many BIN prices are ridiculous, often two to three times listed prices for cards that do not even have low populations. However, many sellers do post reasonable BINs and even though they don't advertise "best offer", that doesn't mean they won't consider one.

Any good Ebay deals for set registry members this month?

Comments

• Options
    In absolutely no way, shape or form was what I paid for this card anything resembling a bargain- but I will post it as my best purchase of the month anyway, simply because I have been looking for a centered 7 with minimal/no chipping for well over a year.

'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
  • Options
    havnt won many slabs this month, but won this the other night, happy with it...

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    hankcaddyhankcaddy Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

ADDED THS TO MY 3000TH HIT CLUB ROOKIES
    currently collecting baseball of
    2004 spx
    1989 topps psa 10
    1959 phillies
    Phillies of the 70's