Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Lobster taler?

Pater has a new taler offered on his website that had me doing a doubletake. I think that is one of the most intriguing reverse designs I have seen on a taler of the 18th century. I don't know why, but Charlie Brown's 'Great Pumpkin' comes to mind as I picture the great lobster coming to visit all the town kids to deliver presents....

Comments

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is perhaps the coolest taler I've ever seen. I would love to own one of those.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn these German types seem so varied demanding patience and curiosity. Pater has one great candy shop.
  • Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Speaking of Jochen Pater, earlier this month I rec'd a email about a new auction forum, WAG Online and one of the principals is Jochen Pater along with Dirk Loebbers, Philip Kapaan and Udo Gans (of WAG). Since I knew 3 of them very well I signed up and have since learned that Jochen has photographed the coins for the auction. A english copy follows:

WAG Online Live Auctions
    Auction 1
    March, 26 2011, starts 1 p.m.
    834 coins from ancient to modern will be auctioned. Bid online just as you would do in the auction hall!
    A joint venture of Westfälische Auktionsgesellschaft and coins dealers Jochen Pater (Arnsberg), Dirk Löbbers (Wettringen), and Philip Kapaan (Bochum).
    Get all the bonuses from the combination of the WAG's year long experiences and reliability and the speed and easy processing of the internet.
    Monthly live auctions of up to 1,000 coins per auction
    Bids can be placed pre-auction as usual (discreet perception of bids, starting price one bidding increment above the second highest bid) or live during the auction
    Download our program here www.wago-auktionen.de

If you want to unsubscribe from our newsletter please follow this link:
    http://www.wag-auktionen.de/newsletter/an_abmelden.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    WAG-Online OHG
    Nordring 22
    59821 Arnsberg
    Germany
    Fon: +49 2931 - 2042
    Fax: +49 2931 - 21284
    Email: info@wago-auktionen.de
    Internet: www.wago-auktionen.de
    Handelsregister Arnsberg, HRA 6769
    Geschäftsführer: Udo Gans, Philipp Kapaan, Dirk Löbbers, Jochen Pater

I found a couple I was looking for in the auctions that I had not seen before.

Disclaimer: I know the principals, but I have no financial interest in the auctions and no coins in them.

3Mark
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options
    Love that reverse! The zodiac theme is used on jetons a lot, too.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is wicked cool on so many different levels.

But how do you know it isn't a crayfish?

Any hope for conservation on the spots?

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's something like that worth? How much is he selling it for?

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Wicked coolness certainly has its price. Its out of my league at 2950 euro.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Larry -

Thanks for the info on the new WAG auctions. There is nothing for me this time around but I am certainly going to keep an eye on them in the future.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone please push the dollar higher !