Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Question on weighting in the Registry

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK, if a set has say 9 or 10 coins and all coins are weighted at 1 point ea and there is no mention of bonus points for PRCAM or PRDCAM would a PR69 coin get the same points as a PR69CAM and would a PR69DCAM get more points than the PR69CAM?

I tried to do a "What IF" on this set but the only grades available ar PRDCAM.

I have a PR69CAM coin and I want to know if a PR69DACM will get more points?

I am guessing no due to no bonus points? Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks, GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    CalebCaleb Posts: 739
    Hi,

Not sure if this answers your question but if you look on the Rules page of the Registry you will notice:

Points for Bonuses or Deductions

When considering the ranking of circulated struck Copper Coinage, Mercury Dimes, Roosevelt Dimes, Franklin Half Dollars, and Jefferson Nickels bonus points or deductions may apply for desirable designations such as Red Brown, Red, Full Band, Full Bell Lines, and Full Steps. Mercury Dimes designated "Full Bands” may receive 2 bonus points, for example. Depending on the set, coins with these desirable designations will receive bonus points or in some cases, coins will receive deductions if they do not have the designation. In every set where bonus points or deductions apply, the set composite will list the bonus points or deductions for the set.

For proof coinage, Red Brown Copper, Red Copper, Cameo and Deep Cameo designations may receive bonus points or non-Cameo and non-Deep Cameo coins may receive deductions.

The calculation for bonuses or deductions is as follows:
    (Grade + Bonus) x Weight
    (Grade – Deduction) x Weight

• Options
    llafoellafoe Posts: 7,220 ✭✭
    Odd... is it a DCAM set? Have you tried to add the CAM to see if the set would even accept anything lower than a DCAM?

To answer your question... Yes, if there are no bonuses or substractions, a PR69, a PR69CAM and a PR69DCAM would all be equal. I doubt PCGS would setup a set in this manner.
    WANTED: Cincinnati Reds TEAM Cards
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is a proof set of Chinese Panda's and all coins are 1 point with no bonus so it seems they are all equal PR69, PR69 CAM & PR69DCAM.

My coin won't even go in the set yet so I had to e-mail customer service. No responce as of yet as it was late Friday evening when I e-mailed them after they were closed.

Set Registry Panda Coins Panda Gold 5 Yuan (1/20oz), Proof (1986-1994) Set Composition

Set Composition

Issue Weight

1986 1.00
    1987 1.00
    1988 1.00
    1989 1.00
    1990 1.00
    1991 1.00
    1992 1.00
    1993 1.00
    1994 1.00

Divisor: 9.00

Thanks for the answers, GrandAm image

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 3/23/11:

It is as I suspected,,,,,,, since there are no bonus points for CAM or DACM a PR69 is the same as a PR69CAM or a PR69DCAM. PCGS added the coin number so I can put it in my set and I did a "What IF" and that is how it turned out image At some future date I suspect the set will be weighted and bonus points added but for now all 3 PR69 coins count the same.
    GrandAm :)