Home Precious Metals
Options

Opportunity in uranium?

derrybderryb Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
I, for one believe so. URA dropped 17% and NLR sank 12%. The world is too dependent on nuclear power for any demand to shrink. When the nuclear dust settles I see uranium related equities recovering from their short term buying opportunity lows. I will be watching for the bottom and a good entry point.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't think we saw the bottom on the second down day with levels now about 20% higher on some of those uranium stocks? There's also the issue of those huge higher gaps
    as well. I figure it's going to take some fresh and seriously negative news to drive most of them back down to the lows of last week.

Many of the individual stocks were so hotly driven for the past 6 months that there were ripe for a 40% correction. Some got 55% corrections. But I have to think they would have gotten down to that 40-50% range regardless of the bad news. It just would have taken a while longer. We might find that they preceded the main market down with vigor rather
    than a methodical decline. Time will tell.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    You planning on "stacking" Uranium too ?

• Options

<< <i>You planning on "stacking" Uranium too ? >>

As a retired nuc inspector from DoD I do have my yellow anit-c suit, with hood, gloves and booties. Normally I just use it at Halloween. image

• Options

Anyone else been riding the uranium etf URA?

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't touch that stuff. ;)

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.