Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Party Time! Lordmarcovan and Cosmicdebris complete the 1900-present set almost simultaneously!

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,224 ✭✭✭✭✭
Time for a big party, type set people!imageimageimage

When I started, I looked up to CosmicBill a lot. He has just completed a very respectable set. I am honored to share the limelight with him.

I never thought I would complete the set at the same time as he did, much less supercede him (albeit briefly).

Bill- many congratulations- I suppose we can pat each other on the back. The fact that I finished a bit higher than you shouldn't sting much, since I will be retiring my set within 2 days of the update going through. You can then enjoy another small climb, probably.

The Lord Marcovan set Set rating 66.28 (after the next update)

The Cosmicdebris set Set rating 65.60

The All-Time Finest list

The Current Finest list

At the time of this message, my update has not gone through, so I still show at 95% with Bill's completed set above me.

On to The Big Set! See some of you there. (Hopefully not too many of you, LOL) image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    merz2merz2 Posts: 2,474
    You two are to be commended.To complete such sets ism't a small feet.To do it with some of the coins you have is phenominal.My hat is off to you both!!!!
    Don
    Registry 1909-1958 Proof Lincolns
  • Options
    LM nice job and congrats. My AU gold is gonna hurt me in the rankings. Before I upgrade any of it I am going to wait and see where I stand when they add the new type sets.

Don thanks.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Congratulations guys!

Quite an accomplishment!

Always looking for:
    Irish Coins & Tokens - New Hampshire Tokens
    Morgan Dollars
    Coins & Tokens of Rhodesia, Suid Afrika, Namibia & Nyasaland
    IrishNumismatist

• Options
    krankykranky Posts: 8,709 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations, Lordmarcovan, on a great achievement! Nice job!

New collectors, please educate yourself before spending money on coins; there are people who believe that using numismatic knowledge to rip the naïve is what this hobby is all about.

• Options
    rkfishrkfish Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Lord and Cos!
    A nice accomplishment and I'm sure a great feeling!
    Steve

Check out my PQ selection of Morgan & Peace Dollars, and more at:
    WWW.PQDOLLARS.COM or WWW.GILBERTCOINS.COM
  • Options
    Lord,

Congrats!! Very nice job.

I have already sent Bill congrats on his thread.

See you both in the new sets.

Larry
  • Options
    Well with both LM and Cosmic being %100 complete (when LMs update hits) that makes the top 10 sets %100 complete. I predicted it would happen by March 21. As it happened I was finally complete on that date. Not bad, only off by 3 weeks or so image

I was surprised to see so many red updated icons in the 1900-present set today! I guess everybody is resigned to the changes and is comfortable with new purchases.

I sent in my 1907 proof set to be renumbered and regraded. I got a Cam on my well toned 1907 dime! The quarter and half missed. The quarter got bumped a point. And the big surprise: the Indian cent also got bumped! I need to learn more about grading proof copper, really all copper.

That pop higher number is screwy. It says my PR 63 Barber Quarter is 1 of 10 with 1 higher. In the Jan. pop guide it says there were 27 in 63, 61 in 64 and 43 higher than that.

Congratulations to every body!!
  • Options
    Carl, Three weeks not a bad guess. Congrats on the upgrades for your 1907 proof set.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,192 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!

peacockcoins

• Options
    MarkMark Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord:

You are going to take us all out for dinner at that place where you work, right??? In the meanwhile, I join with all the others in saying cool--congratulations!

Mark
    Mark

• Options
    itsnotjustmeitsnotjustme Posts: 8,777 ✭✭✭
    Nice work! I hope to join the party in the not too distant future!
    Give Blood (Red Bags) & Platelets (Yellow Bags)!
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those look great, Lord. You must be proud!

(What happened to your Icon??)

David
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    A toast to both on completing two outstanding sets. Nice to see two long time members here stick it it out to completion, chears.
  • Options
    Thanks Paul I couldn't have done it without you.
    Bill

09/07/2006
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Rob and Bill!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    Rob & Bill --

Congrats to both of you! It's always great to finish a set.
    Bill

My Other Hobby
  • Options
    TypetoneTypetone Posts: 1,622
    Nice work and congrats to two fine collecting associates.

But, do you have your 1999 clad statehood proofs for the new lineup yet. Mitch is in heaven.image

Greg S.
  • Options
    Thanks again guys and yes I already have my clad state quarters as well as the proofs needed for the 1950 set.
    Bill

09/07/2006