Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

My Trade Thread: I'd like mid-grade 81 Topps commons out of order!

I'm looking to rebuild my childhood collection through trading. A few notes:

1. I'm looking for cards in the VG to NM range. Centering and corner wear aren't so important to me, but I'd prefer not to have any cards with stains or creases that affect the picture of the player.
2. I will do my best to reply to any PMs in a timely manner. However, it might take until the weekend when I don't have to work.
3. I have lots of mid 80s to early 90s stuff that's not listed. The only cards I won't trade are 79T, 81T, 83T, 83F, and 84T as those are the sets I'd like to complete.
4. This is my starter list of wants. I'll change it as certain holes are filled and I have more time to think about it.

What I want:

2. 77T: Rose
3. 79T: Rose, Schmidt, Horner, Garvey, Stargell
4. 80T: Rose
5. 81T: Brett (I'd also like any 81T commons you might have laying around so I can re-attempt to build a set, I never finished when I was younger) (if you have these, please don't have them in number order so I can sort them!)
On 81T, I've sorted 1-100 and so far my needs are 1,2,3,4,5,8,17,53,55,56,60,64,78,99.
Again, any lots you might have that are out of number order, I'd love to sort them!
6. 81D: Raines, Brett/Carew, Rose (both types)
7. 82T: Rose, Grich, Lopes
8. 83F: Rose, Boggs, Speed and Power,
9. 84T: Rose, Mattingly, Strawberry
9.5: 85T: Rose, Gooden
86T: rose (through the years)
10. 87T: Joyner, Clark
11. 87F: Joyner
12. 88D: Nokes

What I have to trade:

60T Joe Amalfitano: stained on the back, EX on the front
68T Wilhelm... Nice but way off center L-R
69T Cepeda: Ex
72T Numbers 85-96, the all the league leaders, Ex-Mt
74T Marichal and Jenkins: Ex-Mt- NM
81F Schmidt, Jackson, Dawson, Murray, Bench, Winfield, McCovey, Stargell
81D: Stargell, Stargell, Ozzie Smith
84D: Jackson and Henderson
85D: Murray
87Pacific: Everett Giants Team set with Mark Dewey, Mike Remlinger. ( I bought a couple of these in '87 because they had Rich Aldrete, Mike Aldrete's brother and he was a sure fire star).85
85Pacific: Spokane Indians: Jerald Clark! And these aren't even as good as they sound. Small, black and white cards.
That's all I've got time for now. Please let me know if you want anything I've got!

Comments

• jimmygjimmyg Posts: 139 ✭✭
    Edited for a pending trade!
    Bump for 1st completed trade!
    Bump for focus on '81 Topps request!
  • fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I might even have some 81's still resting in a shoebox, I'll check it out and get back with ya.
    Here are the goods, these are in a genuine Reebok shoe box (size 13 USA). Dunno how many are in there, but I did see some stars in there.

Great! I sent you a PM!
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope those reebok's were the oh-so-popular aerobics model from back in the day!
    Mike
    Bosox1976

<< <i>I hope those reebok's were the oh-so-popular aerobics model from back in the day! >>

I dunno, the label says

BB4600 HI-TOP (MEN'S)
  • bsavagebsavage Posts: 204 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I hope those reebok's were the oh-so-popular aerobics model from back in the day! >>

I dunno, the label says

BB4600 HI-TOP (MEN'S) >>

Far out! Men's BB4600 HI
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

I dunno, the label says

BB4600 HI-TOP (MEN'S) >>

Back around 1990ish...when I was hip.slick, cool and breakin' all the pretty girl's hearts....you could find me sportin' round town wit a pair o' these! image

imageimage

• << <i>Here are the goods, these are in a genuine Reebok shoe box (size 13 USA). Dunno how many are in there, but I did see some stars in there.

image >>

ohhhhh niiiiiiiiiiiiice!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • pm sent
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    You really have to watch you post, even if it is very innocent.
    Received the shoebox full of 81s tonight! Probably enough to be close to a complete set once I sort them!
    TTT.... About a third of the way through sorting the shoebox 81s. Not exaggerating... 3 Bobby Griches!!!

And one Bo Diaz. I played baseball in LA with a kid who was in a foster home. One day, he came to practice with a Bo Diaz jersey on. This was when Canseco and Boggs and Mattingly were extremely popular (87). Only about three kids on the team knew who Bo Diaz was. I asked him why he would wear the Diaz jersey. He flipped up the bottom of the jersey to show the game tags. It was the first game used jersey I'd ever seen. The texture was a little rough; it was thick, high-quality material. I was in awe and probably tried to trade him my Fernando rookie card for it.

We started talking. It turned out he was a really nice guy. I wish I had his contact info. At least I now have an 81 Topps Bo Diaz!

-Jimmy
    Updated the first post due to completed trade... still looking for those 81 Topps!

Thanks!
  • I actually have a box of 81's, I think they are all commons but I'm too lazy to go through them... LMK if I should look for anything in particular, all cards are in exmt-nrmt/mt shape.