Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Share your Topps Test Issues

redlegsredlegs Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have always enjoyed collecting oddball and hard to find items. I would like to see other Test issues that you have obtained.

These are some of the highlights from my collection. I would like to someday get a 1970 Topps Candy Lid Johnny Bench.

Comments

• Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Wow the comic is AWESOME-I collect Brooks Robinson cards and I have the pin up and the comic....The comics are 2x as hard to find as the pin ups. Nice cards!
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    All I have as far as tests goes are a couple of packs. Hopefully BobF. and Bishop will chime in, they have a ton

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Very nice unopened packs !
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    This one is mine:

The Steve Carlton from here is mine:

I also have a nice 1973 Comics Carlton, but can't locate the scan right now.

M
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Marc,

I really like the 1972 Test Candy Lid Carlton. Here is mine...

• Options
    Here is a tough Rose.....

Interested in anything and everything related to the Cincinnati Reds and Kentucky Wildcats

eBay ID: gobigblue!
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    nice stuff!

Anthony--great Comics pack. Any idea who is on the wrapper?

the Rose is what...looks like a '68 Stand Up but I did not think he was in that set. '67?

I have some nice Yaz Stuf...here ya go...

I have the complete set of '68 Action All Star Stickers minus Clemente...have an extra Mantle and Yaz

I have this pack and an ungraded Action All Star Stickers Pack--not many around!

the Yaz Punch Out is now PSA-5--very tuff!!

Always loved the '67 Who Am I? set. need 3 cards to complete the set.

Ultra rare...I believe only 3 packs known to exist...other 2 owned by fellow board members..

have the complete puzzles set minus Ryan

One of my favorite packs

another favorite of mine---rated a 10 on the registry scale--extremely tuff!

another tuffie!

nice hi grade Yaz BAseball Bucks

that's it from me!!

• Options
    Manny- great stuff, have not seen that '69 action stickers pack before.
    I've got a '69 super pack as well, not sure if I'm one of the other 2 people you were thinking of.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Anthony

the Action All Star pack was won in a Goodwin Auction 2-3 years ago. I had never seen one and was immediately intrigued. The bidding went hot and heavy and I picked it up for about $1,200--which I thought was a good price. Until I got one from Steve Hart ungraded for $500--which I thought was a steal. I did not want to buy the 2nd pack, but I needed to average out my costs on them.

On the '69 Super Cello--you were indeed one of the ones I was thinking about. Bet you can guess who the other is...as he has an OUTSTANDING unopened collection. I just did not want to name names on the board.
  • Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    Flatfoot hedging his investment on a second unopen action all star sticker pack ! I love it! A true collector ! The Yaz Stuff was VERY nice.

I see Brooks Robinson's name was listed on the 67 punch out...I collect Brooks...Has anyone every seen a Brooks punch out as team captain?
    I am 99.9% sure it doesnt exist but I though I would ask.He was listed for a while in the big SCD book,but I think he has been removed from the 67 punchout set.

Are all the other players listed on punch out batting line ups available as team captains? (have there picture at the top of card)
  • Options
    Manny, I'm not really sure I'd classify Topps Who Am I as a test issue- they were pretty mainstream, and I remember the ice cream trucks in my neighborhood having plenty of them as late as Spring '70.I've never heard of a test issue having distribution that wide and plentiful.

• Options
    Anthony

you are probably correct on the Who Am I? set. For some reason I always think of non-sports stuff as test issues--LOL
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    were the '64 Stand Ups a test issue as well?

i've never considered them one

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

<< <i>were the '64 Stand Ups a test issue as well?

i've never considered them one

IMF >>

nope, supplemental issue like '64 Giants, '55 Doubleheaders or '70 and '71 Supers.

• Options
    should I delete the pictures from the thread? LOL

While technically not test issues, I always consider them as such since they were 1 and done on production...